21 year old son

I came to australia, ACT over 2 years ago with my son and daughter on a 457 visa.  We were originally only given 2 years so applied again when the two years were up and got 4 years (bizarre) I thought a 457 visa was only 4 years in total.  Any how they are not letting my son go on the 457 again as he turns 21 in March this year, but i think its wrong as he came here with me two years ago and now they expect him to go back to Scotland where he has nothing and gave up his life back home there to be with me and his sister.  He has struggled to get an apprenticeship due to his visa being short term so has only been working intermittently and soley relies on me for money, food and a roof over his head.  Does anyone have any suggestions as his visa was only extended till 14th March 2014 as he turns 21 on 15th March, im at my wits end here as cannot bare for my son to go back home to nothing.  Any help assistance would be much appreciated.

Can you enroll him in some kind of qualifying course for which he can obtain a Student Visa. I'm not up to speed on Australian immigrations, but most countries will allow you to claim him as a dependent child if he's still attending school. You might want to check that out.

Yes i have looked at that, but it is very costly and i am a single parent and cannot afford it, this is very upsetting for me and my son, find it really upsetting that they allowed him on my visa for two years then they expect him to go home to NOTHING.  Thank you for your reply