International Programs School Vs The British School Al Khobar

Hello Everyone,
                          I'm seriously considering enrolling my kids into one of the schools mentioned above, located in Al Khobar, KSA.

I would appreciate any advice on which school would be the better choice, and the rationale behind the choice. I have 2 kids, one is going to grade 1 and the other is going to Kg1.

The tuition for both of the schools is quite expensive, and it is more or less the same level.

Also, I would appreciate if anyone could advise on any schools located in Al Khobar that may have a similar level of education, but could be a bit less expensive than these schools!

I've done some extensive school searching in Al Khobar, but have been unable to find a good school that offers quality international education for less then SAR 35K per year.

Thanks for your help!

I am also looking at IPS. Looks quite good.

Dear FatboyUK,
                         IPS is a good school, one of the best in Al Khobar. Problem is with availability! Despite the fee structure of these schools, which is quite high for KSA, there are no places available for new entries!

I've applied to this school for my 2 kids and both have been refused. The most important piece of advice I can give you is, apply to all the good schools..even if you have to pay a down payment or fee.

My advice would be that you apply to BISAK, IPS, DH British Grammar School, DH American School.

If you get a place at any one of these schools then you are in good shape, but you have to ACT NOW since places become less available by the day.

Regards,

Thanks for the advice. I realise now that I applied to late and there are no places available. IPS is full, so is BISAK, and British GS. The American school has places for testing, but we are not in country so that is not possible either.

I underestimated the demand for schools in this area and will postpone until next year. At least I know the situation now and will plan accordingly. Either way, thanks for the great information and good luck with your search.

These are independent schools with small class sizes and a much better quality education than you would get in UK state schools. You get what you pay for. When choosing a school, I would want to know how many teachers have teaching qualifications recognised in the UK. Just because they follow the English curriculum doesn't mean they know the first thing about it. If you're British and you want a British education, make sure they are registered with the DFE. And most importantly, apply ASAP.  Good luck.

Hi,
Do you know of any good school in a range of 30k annualy...bt with good education provision.
Thankyou.

I would appreciate if u can tell me aboutbyoir experience with schooling in khober so far.
I am moving tonsaudi and all international schools are not accepting applications at this time.

Multinational School Dharahn is open for applications.
They are new in the area and joined up with Doha Academy.
They are running British curriculum from nursery to yr5 for girls and 4 for boys
https://mnsdhahran.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobC … gJqfvD_BwE

Dear Yusra,
                    After a lot of attempts I have now settled my kids in a school by the name of ISG Dammam, it follows the  American Curriculum and is a good school, I am happy with their level of education.
It costs about SAR 30K per year for grade 3.
Depending on your needs and your budget, I would be happy to provide you with any advice that you need for settling in.
Thanks!

Thanks, i have enrolled my kids in multinational school dhahran. But my pripority is Dhahran academy. Do they prefer canadain passports along with british and americans too? As our company is responsible for fee and all tier1 schools are on the panel.
With ISG dammam why the fee is less than dhahran campus? Do they have certified british and american staff? And what is the situation regarding seat availability at this time of the year?
Thanks

Thanks i have enrolled my kids in mns dhahran. But they have not hired the staff yet, my major concern is about tne teachers.
Anyways it is better than other otjer available options and I agree with you, school has potential to grow. Library is small i am not sure how much they are willing to spend on literature, as most of the books were based on cartoon characters and must have children authors were missing. Even dhahran academy is charging too much and school standards in terms morality infra structure and values is not comparable to public canadian school systems. Well dont have any other option.
Thanks for your support.

I am Canadian , got offer to work in Alkhobar. Can you please suggest which school should i consider. I understand ISG Dhahran is the best but it is very expensive. What are other best options. ISG Dammam, IPS Alkhobar, BISAK.

I have 2 kids going in grade 3 and grade 4.

Appreciate your help

I am in same position and same conditon. Can you please let me know what you think. Which is the best school

There are also RAIS and Fursan. Their teachers are Americans mostly. The kids are happy. That's all that matters to me. I've given up on quality education, and that's not just here. Practical knowledge is not being taught in a way that will make them tie what they're learning with real world applications. Parents are gonna need to sit with the kids and explain it so it sinks in and becomes useful immediately.
RAIS is around 33K and Fursan is 27K. My main issue is they transport the kids in tin-can minibuses which are obviously unsafe on these roads.

I need help, as my kids will move in March, in Canada they will not complete session. Once they are in Saudi Arab I am wondering that which session they will get admission. I don't want that kids may wait for few months to start school and behind their age group and class.

Need help Currently my children are studying in Canada and moving to Saudi Arab in mid March 2019.  The session in Canada will complete in mid June, as they are not completing their session in Canada so will they get admissions in your school in same session or they have to wait for the new session.

I suggest that they complete their semester and then come. That'll give you some time to find decent housing.

It will be difficult to enroll them now. I suggest you contact the schools for a better answer.