Honda SH 150i Made in Vietnam - Exhaust Upgrade RSVP

Hello to all,

I recently moved to Chiang Mai, Thailand from Vancouver, Canada.  I just purchased a 2013 Honda Sh 150i that was made in Vietnam.  I am looking to upgrade the exhaust to Akrapovic, Yoshimura, Two Brothers, or anything else that will give better performance and a better sound to the engine.

Does anyone know if there are any exhaust upgrade kits made specifically for a 2013 Honda Sh 150i?  I would be mot grateful for some quality advice.  Will soon be traveling to Ho Chi Min city and could pick it up there.  Otherwise, I will be back in Vancouver in March and could also pick it up there.

Please advise.

I am looking to tap into a community of Expats who have also purchased the same bike and are interested in upgrading their bike.  I have a vision of putting Brembo brake pads, Pirelli tires, a new air filter, and a better exhaust.  I am also considering doing a light bore to the engine to make it a 175.  There is a company in Japan which makes kits for this as well as other components designed to increase the power and torque of the engine.

If you find yourself in a similar situation, please e-mail me at [email protected]

RSVP,

S Maingot
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Formerly of Vancouver, Canada

P.S.  I am taking my time to do this properly, so even if some time has passed since this posting, chances are I will still be gathering info and will not have mad a decision yet.

Hi,
Im in HCMC. I know a string of shops in Trang Quang Khai (off Hai Ba Trung) hat run kit and mods on Honda and Yamaha scooters. Passing buy, I saw Rizoma kit and some of the bikes looked very trick.  I need to get some real brakes fitted to our SH so I will get some details for you, maybe some pics.
cheers
Simon

There are Bembo Brake pads available for earlier versions of the SH 150i.  Calipers are very good.  You want to make sure that if you upgrade your brakes that you also upgrade your tire.  I would recommend Pirelli Diablo, or Michelin.  Do you know of other excellent tires that work with the SH 150i? 

What year is your bike?

RSVP,

Steve
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi Steve,
Its no 56 Trang Quang Khai. Hive of activity. I saw Arrow systems. Didnt find an English speaker.
I can ask my brother in law to get some quotes. He put an Akrapovic on his Yamaha.
Do you have a preference brand wise for your Sh?
Tyres - Pirelli fine wi me. Battlax too but not sure if they run to scooters ;-)
Will try the brembo pads. I road a friends (Italian made?) 2011 Shi. Chalk and cheese - great standard brakes etc. Far better overall than my 2008.

Cheers for the info Simon, not been down this street. I've got a 2013 SHi (VN model). I've got a few suppliers in D5 and and D9. for mirrors shocks and brake discs.
Always looking for new places.

Hi there,im also a new owner of a honda shi 150 vn 2014 model,i must say im glad they made it in vietnam,because the sick comuniste regime here in vn,put a 100 %tax on the honda shi imported from italy,insane price almost 10.000usd.now the shi is afordable for the half of the price,
Because there are somany shi on the streets of vietnam,i would like to upgrade mine bike to seperate with the mass.engine with malossi parts,brembo brakes,front and rear suspension,i must say that the  suspension on the model from italy has a much better quality.
last but not least i dont like the new rims,i think 18 spokes daytona rims will look great on mine new bike,but i cant find a shop to buy them,does annybody knows a good online store speciality in shi tuning parts?i just wunder what the maximum size of tire you can put it in a honda shi 150?
cheers....