Offensive dog owners

Lisbon is becoming the filtiest city in europe because of dog fouling
How can any civilised person stand there and watch their dog shit in the middle of the pavement?
I have yet to see any dog owner with a plastic bag ready to clean up after their vile and disgusting animal

Not all dog owners are guilty. I always have a plastic bag at the ready in my backpack, even if I don't have my own dog with me. I usually just hand it to the owner of the dog involved and they do what is needed. Amsterdam used to have the same problem as did Brussels. It will pass.

interesting first post lisbonne ... maybe you could introduce yourself ? (in another thread?)

Hi lisbonne,

I take it that you haven't done much international travel before or you'd be less surprised by this offensive habit. It's hardly confined to Portugal and there are many countries that are worse still. Trust me, you wouldn't want to ever come to Brazil if you're going to let something like that put you off. I agree it is disgusting, but there are soooooooooo many other things that make travel enjoyable, those are what you should concentrate on.

Just remember one little thing...... You can't change the world, you can only change yourself.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Unfortunately....that is a problem almost everywhere you go....I current live an apartment complex...where not everyone picks up after their dog...when I see this..I ask them..if this was a child would you let them do this without cleaning up after them...this ususally works...and at my complex there is no excuse..doggie bags are located all around the complex...when I get to Lisbon....I promise never to allow my dog to do that without my trusty plastic bag..as a matter of fact I have started buying them from the dollar store every pay day..so I will have plenty before I leave the country..

Relax. You will haveplenty of bags here