Internet and phone contract - Go or Melita?

Redmik - 100mb servcie for €23 ?????? are you sure

Melita were fine with me for over 6yrs so i cannot complain at all and any issue i had were dealt with swiftly and with courtesy  - except for when left the service  - but once they were told the errors of their ways they soon put things right.

I have to be honest, I have Melita for over a year now and up until now, I was quite happy with their services. A part of the TV, Internet and landline, I also have the unlimited XXL value pack for my mobile phone. With that pack, I get 500 free mins  to call internationally (landline and mobile) within Europe zone 1, every month. Basically, I've noticed they have been charging me for international calls, even though my free mins haven't run out yet and after calling their call center for nearly a month ago, nothing has been done yet. I've told them that I will only pay my mobile phone bill after this issue has been resolved and still, I haven´t received any feedback from them, as yet. I am really pist off with coz I pay a lot of money to them every month, including my wife's mobile phone bill as well, and I cannot accept these kind of mistakes. Is there any place you can complain about their services, over here?

toonarmy9752 wrote:

Redmik - 100mb servcie for €23 ?????? are you sure

Yes, well, it should be   ;)

how is that then?

ther web page show 100mbps service as €80

and the 30mbps service as €30

methinks you got 30mbps/.......

OK, just measured it and it is operating at just above 30Mb but I know what I pay as I pay online each month.
Last bill was E23.70 including phone usage.

maybe it was a special offer i know both go and melita have special offeres throughout the year and sometimes can do your better deals too if you take other serivices

We have been recommended by locals and ex pats to go with Go because we are in Marsaskala and for some reason that I no longer remember they have a better connection here.

Had a few problems yesterday but otherwise they've been fine for the 3 weeks we've been here!!

We went for the lowest package at 20 Euros per month  - thinking it would be easier to upgrade rather than downgradew if required. They also threw in a couple of mobile SIMS with consequtive numbers for free - just cos we asked when ordering at the Go shop in Paola.

In UK we paid c. £60 per month to BT and c. £80 per month to Sky plus c. £60 per month for 2 mobiles - on Malta we are paying 20 Euros per month and 2 PAYG mobiles (and bought an Android box for 120 Euros) this set up seems to be working for us so far  :)

Just been into Melita and they have 30mbs fibre for 16,50 for three months then 23,50 thereafter

MovingToTheMed wrote:

We have been recommended by locals and ex pats to go with Go because we are in Marsaskala and for some reason that I no longer remember they have a better connection here.

Had a few problems yesterday but otherwise they've been fine for the 3 weeks we've been here!!

We went for the lowest package at 20 Euros per month  - thinking it would be easier to upgrade rather than downgradew if required. They also threw in a couple of mobile SIMS with consequtive numbers for free - just cos we asked when ordering at the Go shop in Paola.

In UK we paid c. £60 per month to BT and c. £80 per month to Sky plus c. £60 per month for 2 mobiles - on Malta we are paying 20 Euros per month and 2 PAYG mobiles (and bought an Android box for 120 Euros) this set up seems to be working for us so far  :)

Yes I got go its not bad service , it works well for what I need speed is good ,

Also, just realised it is my WiFi extender that is 100MB, sorry for any confusion caused. :)

heheh Red....

a senior moment maybe

redmik wrote:

Also, just realised it is my WiFi extender that is 100MB, sorry for any confusion caused. :)

I nearly called melita to ask them my I am paying for 30MB as instead of 100MB  :D

mantonas wrote:
redmik wrote:

I nearly called melita to ask them my I am paying for 30MB as instead of 100MB  :D

Good thing you didn't as it would have cost you an hour or more on hold. Hahaha

MoscowClog wrote:
mantonas wrote:
redmik wrote:

Good thing you didn't as it would have cost you an hour or more on hold. Hahaha

Tell me about it LOL

Hi guys,

I'm after some advice on which mobile sim to get? Also I'm in need of a new phone should I buy one in England before moving or should I wait till in Malta?

I'm just a bit confused as last time I came out I could not use my phone (as expected)  I'm with giffgaff using their excellent Goodybag service
Thanks in advance

Maria

you can buy a sim without much hassle from most retailers go, vodafone , melita 10 euro for the sim plus top up but worth noting that
go - usually comes with 10-15 euro free credit dependant on store of purchase.

Uk networks do roam out here but you should contact network before leaving to make sure that there is roaming etc set up on your account although this will be expensive *long term*

phones: pay and go phones over here can work out reasonably cheap considering and deal dependent i know you can get a vodafone smart mini 4  for about 70 euro  (worth noting most phones here are network free so you could stick in another sim card if you decided that you wanted to change network , Most companies willl offer you free minuites etc to change to their network and you can keep the same number  , its a lot easier to change networks here )
if  purchasing from the uk , you need to make sure the phone is unlocked and that it can take any sim (worth noting that a phone locked to vodafone uk wil not accept a malta vodafone sim .. hence  why it should be unlocked) .

Hi rob,

Many thanks for getting back to me! What sim would you recommend?
Which offers the best value for money?

The network I'm with at the moment allows me £20 2000 miniutes, unlimited texts and internet, anything like this?

Many thanks

i would reccommend getting any sim from a local shop  top up  €10 then use it for a couple of weeks .. then go to vodafone or go and tell them you want to swap to their network and what can they offer you .. they will offer free internet calls text to get you to switch ..

im on a contract with vodafone out here  but i started off using a go pay and go and vodafone were always trying to offer me deals to get me to switch 

your unlikely to get deals as good as those offered by gifgaf though the market out here is only really 3 companies
https://www.vodafone.com.mt/topupandgethttps://www.go.com.mt/personal/internet … epaid-planhttp://www.melita.com/personal/mobile/p … p-up-plan/

these are the best plans offered on pay and go here

I started with Melita and then ported in to Vodafone after about a month. I got 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200mb for free valid for a month. I yet have to find an 'unlimited' internet offer like abroad. Here you need to buy a bundle if you're on prepay or get a subscription and pay between 20-80 Euro monthly. The good thing about starting with Melita first was that I could choose my own number and that I got my phone registered on their WiFi service. Even though I've left Melita and ported in with Vodafone I still get the WiFi access from Melita. Maybe an idea?

I'm with Melita.  So far so good, no complaints.  Good price and good service.