Need help to know my rights as a foreign worker

Hi every one! I am new here in Bahrain. Just arrived a week ago and I am really confused & depressed to see the working & living environment here. I have joined here in a hotel as waitress and I was not aware that I will end up  working in the bar of the hotel. I have allergy with cigarettes but I am forced to work in the bar for 8 hours full of smoke. The accommodation provided to all the staffs are in the 2nd floor of the hotel and I am not allowed to go out in my off time also. They keep the door locked. It looks, I am in a virtual Jail. I have my fiancé working in Saudi Arabia and he wanted to visit me but they told me, I am not allowed to meet him. I am really depressed and don't know what to do. Can any one help me, what legal option I have, if I opt to live with some female friends away from my company accommodation? Am I allowed to live by the law with my female friends away from work? If my employer doesn't agree for that, what legal option I have to go back to my country? I simply can't live in a Jail.

Thanks in advance for your help & guidance.

What hotel is this. Doesn't sound like a good hotel at all.

I have spent a lot of time with General Managers of hotels and they all say that their staff is their hotel so you can't be anywhere good. PM me you number so we can talk about this

So sorry to hear of your situation. I am speechless. There probably are so many such cases that we don't hear about.

Some research and due diligence on prospective employers is extremely important, for exactly this reason. Reputed employers would not do such a thing.

Whilst it is completely illegal for anyone to keep their employees under lock and key, it seems this is widespread. There are legal options but this could be costly unfortunately.

Please do speak to Josnuggles and/or anyone you trust and see how your issues get resolved.

I would seriously consider getting in touch with LMRA more than anything else. If your work conditions are not satisfactory for your health, then you must inform LMRA about it.

Just to let you know employers are not allowed to keep your passport on their file so if they are doing this, this is an immediate warning for LMRA.

You can also visit the National Institute for Human Rights in Bahrain. Locking up the doors is also severe safety concern.

I would strongly urge you to do this via the official channels than some personal connections.

:o:o:o:o:o

I'm really worried about this girls silence. It's been over a month since her post and she hasn't been on here since.

I hope she is okay.

If anyone can even guess which hotel this is then it should be reported. Personally I go nowhere that has smoking bars so I certainly wouldn't have been there.

It indeed is worrying. I too am not too much of a club-goer so cannot guess. Having said that, I believe most bars in hotels permit smoking. So it could be any where.

Hope all is well with her.