Divorce

Hi
Can anyone help please.

My husband and I are from Mauritius we got married there before moving to the UK, with our two kids. Can we divorce in the UK?

Hello. I think you can not get a divorce in England. I and my wife from Ukraine. We got married in Mauritius two months ago. So, in the registry office was told that we can divorce only in Mauritius and not in Ukraine.

Fifi2345 wrote:

Hi
Can anyone help please.

My husband and I are from Mauritius we got married there before moving to the UK, with our two kids. Can we divorce in the UK?

Why don't you check the UK govt site?
https://www.gov.uk/divorce

Hi Fifi2345 and welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your topic is now on the England forum, now it will be easier for the members residing in the UK to give you their point of view and to guide you through your divorce procedures. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Fifi2345 wrote:

Hi
Can anyone help please.

It depends on which part of the UK you live in, and how long you have been there. If you have been settled in England for more than six months then probably you can. Scotland has a different legal system so I have no idea about the situation there.

Dont see y not!

Oui to capave demande divorce ici, to bizin ale guete 1 solliciter et to on benefit, it might be free as well, take care and goodluck, Raj from bedfordshire......

hei
what about you? diverced?

still in process,,,pe atane la pas facile sa..............

HI Dhiraz > you should please write in English in this English speaking forum ;) Thank you.