Air riffles / hunting guns in Bulgaria?

I read somewhere "The Hunting Culture is a large part of Bulgarian tradition", just wondering if the guns / ammo are available in what part of Bulgaria, the best hunting locations and whether its permitted on what conditions?

I have no real idea but I do know there's a big shop here in Sofia (Pro Hunter VIP) which has lots of scary looking weaponery in it.

Hello,
I found the following blog : wizzley.com/how-to-obtain-a-gun-license-in-bulgaria/
It looks like someone who is very wise about guns and gun permits in Bulgaria.
Hope it helps

Hi kaminoge,
Thanks for the info! do you happened to know if they have a website?

Hi Olaf7, good stuff!

They do. It's in Bulgarian though.
guns.bg/

Hi there,

Guns and ammo are available almost everywhere in the country, excluding the villages. Best hunting areas depend on the game you have chosen, but generally the mountains - Rhodopi, Sredna gora, Stara planina, Predbalkan, Ludogorie also lakes, rivers and the Black sea area too.
Permission is not very easy, if you need a constant permit, you have to join a Bulgarian hunting group, which has the right to hunt  every weekend during the hunting season but in a strictly defined area.  Otherwise, you can visit places for hunting tourism and pay for the service.

Permission to carry a hunting rifle is issued by the police after the respective psychological tests.
Basically that's it.

hi Kristiann,b
Thanks so much for the detailed info. I'm wonderng if travelling with an air rifle / shortgun in luggage to and from Bulgaria via passenger airlines is allowed from within EU?

Not quite shure. Once in Bulgaria you have to register the weapon at the police in order to be allowed to transport, own and use it. But for the airlines, I suppose you have to ask the respective airlines and declare the weapon.

GUNS AND FARMING

As in anywhere in the world anyone keeping livestock postively needs at least a shotgun .Primarily for destroying injured animals as quickly and humanely as possible but also for vermin control and defence from attack by wolves or feral dog packs . How is this dealt with in BG?

Myself and Paula are competent , experienced and VERY safety concious in this area . We have no criminal records at all .

Can anyone advise , please ?

sean & Paula

Hello sean & Paula

Just for info, this thread has been inactive since February 2014 and you might not get any response.

Regards
Kenjee

go to the local police station and ask what documents you need to apply for permission for a gun for hunting

basically everything is here:guns permission

just I do not see the english version.