Visit visa to Resident visa changing !!

Dear friends !!
How are you all !

I have received resident visa for my 2 children and visit visa for my wife ( as I did not have her medical at hand).
I am due to bring them next week , waiting for the tickets to be issued by the Ministry of health.

Has anyone changed from visit to resident visa recently? The guy in the ticketing section was telling me today that they have stopped changing visit to resident visa nowadays.

Can someone please help regarding this? I want to start the procedure as soon as we reach so that it doesn't become a problem later.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello dr_aich,

What the person has informed you is correct. No more can expatriates come into Oman on a Visit Visa and get it converted into a Family Joining Visa.

The new rule is that whoever arrives on a visit visa has to necessarily exit the country and then re enter with another visa, or on another fresh visit visa.

That would mean a minimum of a at least a week's gap (maximum is anybody's guess), as the exit stamp paper in the passport has to be scanned and sent back to the contacts in Oman and only after that can they initiate the process of applying for a new visa.

Good luck.

Thank you Mr Sumitran !
That's really a big problem. One of my friends here was telling me that you can apply but for getting it stamped have to go out and then come back in. But if you need to exit country for even applying then it becomes a big issue .

Dear Sumitran

Good day,

Please let me know, i got an offer in Oman now i am working in bahrain. is that okey i can come with on arrival visit visa (since i have valid visa in Bahrain) and then changing my status to resident visa even if i am paying more. ?

Many Thanks in Advance

Suroor Sidhique

Hi suroorsidhique,

It is not about paying more or less.

It simply cannot be done.

And how do you propose to cancel your existing visa ?