Moving to islamabad

I'm an Australian woman married to a Pakistani guy. I'll be moving to islamabad in May. I'm really excited about it but have some concerns about safety (kidnappings , bombs etc)  are my fears unfounded ?  I would love to make friends with any expats in islamabad  . I'm excited but a little scared too . it would be good to know what to expect from life there . What's it really like In  islamabad ?

Islamabad is very safe. Most embassies located there so you can imagine.
It is less crowded than let's say Karachi or Lahore. Greenish and laid back. People are nice and formal. You won't hear too much slangy language.
However, common sense should always be used like not going alone past midnight.
Have a nice trip. Don't worry.

Thank you for the reply

Dear Cathy,
There is no need to worry about such things like kidnapping, bombing, target killings etc. if you are not involved in politics. Stay safe stay social. Don't try to judge any country (not only Pakistan, ANY Country) on the basis of what Media projects. Try to interact with local people as much as possible. Islamabad is very much safe city in Pakistan. It is very much less saturated as compared to different big cities. You will find the most foreigners in this capital than any other city. as Asad100101 said, majority of embassies are located in Islamabad. As far as life in Islamabad is concerned it is quite smooth and calm, no rush and chaos. You will feel comfortable in any way. Rest depends upon the type of people you will be meeting and your husband's social network :). Welcome to Pakistan! :)

Dear , Islamabad is most safest city ,  :)

Thank you everyone for your replies.

i had the same concerns when i was gong to visit Islamabad after a long time.but i have to say the city is best that  Pakistan can offer to foreigners,its cleaner,greener,less noisy and more of organised than rest of the cities in Pakistan.

just to be on the safer side i would recommend where ever you go,make sure your husband is with you.

Thank you for all the replies. I've had so many negative comments from people here in Australia  & was starting to feel very anxious about the trip. I feel so much more at ease now after reading these comments.

YOU WILL LIKE IT.. i HAVE a FRENCH FRIEND WHO JUST SPENT 3 MONTH IN ISLAMABAD. SHE ADORED TO BE THERE. THERE IS A BIG STORE." METRO" YOU WILL ENJOY
DONT WORRY. PAKISTNISH PEOPLE ARE SWEET AND KIND AND RESPECTFUL. YOU CERTAINLY LEARNED  WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO . .. ABOUT DRESSING AND SO ON. NO SHORTS, OF COURSE.

AND WHEN U ARE INVITED FOR A DINNER, IT IS USUAL IN THE ISLAMIC WORLD, TO LEAVE THE PLACE AT THE END OF THE MEALS
.IN OCCIDENT, WE USE TO TALK FOR QUIÈTE A WHILE  AFTER THAT. BUT MUSLIMS DONT.

DONT BE SURPRISED NEITHER THAT PAKISTANISH LADIES ARE HIGHLY INTERESTED IN EVERYTHING WHAT CONCERNS YOU. WHAT WE CONSIDÈR PERHAPS AS AN INDESCRITION, FOR THEM , IT IS NOT. IT IS JUST INTEREST OF YOUR PERSON.

YOU WILL BE HAPPY IF U ARE ABLE TO RENOUNCE SOMETIMES OF THE ÉLECTRIC POWER OR NETPROBLEMS. .

i WISH u ALL THE BEST. You WILL LIKE IT. . INSPITE OF ALL THE DÉSINFORMATION OF THE OCCIDENTAL MÉDIAS, 99,90999999 % OF PAKISTANISH ARE ONE OF THE MOST PEACEFULL AND INNOCENT PEOPLE.

SO, DONT WORRY.

Hi hirzbrunner,

Thank you for your post here :)
However, can you please avoid writing in caps lock, it will help to ease the reading.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

You know everything before we speak anything else. :)
feel free to share in case of any query.
Welcome to Pakistan. :)

stay blessed

Thank you for the reply. I feel much at ease now.

Thank you .. Yes i will share my experiences about life in Pakistan .

Thank you for the reply. I feel so much more at ease after reading this. My husband assures me i will be safe & im very excited & looking forward to life in Pakistan.

Cathy522008 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I feel so much more at ease after reading this. My husband assures me i will be safe & im very excited & looking forward to life in Pakistan.

Enjoy.  Tell your hubby to take you to nothern parts of Pakistan as well. I did not know that western girls look equally beautiful in eastern dress.  :)http://www.geo.tv/article-114634-Wasim- … a-Thompson

Looking forward to hearing your experience Cathy. My pakistani partner and I are also considering moving to Lahore, I'm just beginning my research.

Hi, I read many replies on your post. I am living in Islamabad and my business is related with UN like WHO,WFP, UNHCR etc. so I know what foreigners should do and what not to do.
Kindly take it seriously.
1- Sectors to live are F6,F7,F8,F10 or E7.
2- Whenever go out for lunch or dinner choose famous place.
3- Whenever your embassy tell you to stay at home or limit your movement then obey that instructions.
4- Never ever try to visit KPK province.
Although Islamabad is the most secure city but security measures should be takeout to secure yourself from any incidence.

I guess the rest of the Islamabadi's covered almost about everything.
The only thing left telling you is .... Youtube is still banned in Pakistan!!!!!! :((((

Rest your pretty safe :)

Welcome to Islamabad.

I hope you have started a happy life here in Islamabad.

There is nothing to worry about in Islamabad, if you are not related to politics or if you are not going to non-secure places outside islamabad.

and if you are not living more different in comparison to other national or foreigners living in islamabad.

Hello. I'll be in Islamabad in 3 weeks time. :)

Wao, that's great news. Welcome to Islamabad. Hope you will be keep on contact.

Thank you. I'll be really trying to just blend in with everyone else. Only problem is I have blonde hair & fair skin.

Islamabad is used to foreigners but i would recommend covering your head when going in public.

Cathy522008 : Hope fully u reached in islamabad ,
Well come to City , Enjoy the beautifull  weather
regards
Sumaira

Yes I've been here for 3 weeks now and really enjoying it. I feel perfectly safe.

its good , that u like islamabad, now you must update the concern of those expats who wana move to islamabad,
because they understand ur feelings better.
take care and bye

I am live in islamabad. Islamabad is peaceful city in pakistan. kidnappings problems not in pakistan. only terrorism on some cities. pakistani people very peaceful and loving

qurban bukhari

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Hi Cathy welcome to Islamabad
if you need any help regarding any matter feel free to contact

Me Rahat

Hello,

You are 9 months late. A lot of our Pakistani brothers queued up to help this lady feel at home. I wish you luck with similar opportunities coming up in future. Keep checking Islamabad forum daily. :heart:

Blessed love to all I&I ask for guidance I want to move to Islamabad soon and want to know how the local people take to people from abroad

Hello Rasata,

Please post your own details on a new post for clarity and better response, who are you? where will you be coming from? How long are you planning to stay? :)