Surrender Iqama during Final Exit

Recently, on 18th Jan in Arabnews it is published that iqama needs to be surrendered at Regional Passport Office before the Final Exit and not at the airport. The news is not very clear and when I called the Passport Office at Riyadh airport and MOI they suggested that if the Final Exit Visa is issued Online (Abhsir) then the expats are required to surrender the Iqama at the airport. Therefore, there are lot of confusion on this issue. I require you kind suggestions and if any one has any information, please share!

hi, im gizzele! I am nurse here in Riyadh and im also confused with what to do... I have my final exit visa and im leaving back to the Philippines on feb 2 and until now im clueless of what to do...can someone give insights or any info about this matter? it will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Wouldn't the best thing to do be to ask your employers?  Ask the HR/government relations office at your work place.

I did...still they said they still follow surrendering iqama to the airport, so maybe they are right or maybe they are just not up to date to the news...I don't know...

as far as  i know; both will be ok
GDP will collect at the airport and at the offices; i assume they flag it when you do that
for me i have a housmaid and her iqama collect at airport;

I have the same confusion as to where I have to surrender the Iqama because of the Arab News article that a teacher was held at the airport because he did not surrender to his employer his Iqama to be forwarded to the local jawazat office.  The HR officer of our company issued to me an "electronic exit visa" and was advised to surrender my iqama at the airport.  It would be greatly appreciated if those who posted before in this thread such as JazanCBA and izzydrew would share their experiences.  Thank you for your response.

as per new law iqama must be handover to immigration when gong to final exit..

@KK YASIR
Thank you for the information sir.  So it is correct to say that the iqama will be surrendered at the airport and not at the Jawazat office here in Buraidah since my exit visa was applied by our HR manager over the internet (i.e., online)?

yes brother ..

Hopefully you can find useful information here