Spousal Visa for Filipino Wife to Malta

Greetings!!

I just got married to my Maltese husband this month. While waiting for our authenticated certificate of Marriage from NSO we are trying to gather information on how to apply for Spousal Visa, requirements needed and the  cost of the said process. We had an appointment with the Consul of Consulate of Malta in Manila  and he advised us to  seek an advice from a lawyer to do the Visa application in Beijing China coz its faster . We did it but the lawyer in Malta whom we contact isn't familiar with the said process. Does anybody here knows which is better? ( to do it in China or in Embassy of Spain in Manila) How much do we have to pay and how long will it take?. 

Your info will be of great help :)

Godbless

If your husband is Maltese he can apply for you anytime here in Malta.I guess the payment is not that high compared to other EU country

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/Default.aspx?MDIS=535

Thank you  for the info avd25. :) Is it possible for my father -in-law to do it? My husband is here with me in the Philippines and he wants us to travel back to Malta together. For now, we are  trying to do a research to make it possible for us.

You can come with him going back here in Malta as a tourist visa then here you apply the residency card in Valleta cuz you are married

thank you once again :)