Hello!!! I am a New Member...my name is Aimee

Hello to Every One!!! :cheers::heart:    I am a new member who currently lives in the United States, but I am in great desire to move to Wales, specifically the Snowdonia National Forest area.  Hopefully things will work out wonderfully this new year and I will find a great job and place to live in northern Wales.  If anyone has any suggestions or words of wisdom...I am open to all.  I need all the help I can get to make this dream come true. 

Thanks for reading and stopping by to say "Hello". :)

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Aimee!

In what field do you want to work there?

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

Hi Aimee

As someone who lives and works in the National Park I can tell you it a beautiful part of the world. What are your aims regarding work and place to live?

Aimee, i hope you make to Wales, it is my favourite country so far, i lived and worked in Cardiff for 3 years and i loved it. People are amazing there. If you get the chance take trip to the Cardigan Bay area, it is beautiful.

Hello and Thank you for responding to my post.

I am looking for work in either:
The Medical Field (working as an Educator, Public Health, Medical Researcher, Medical Writer, Administrator or Director)...as I am trained as a Medical Doctor, but I have not practiced clinical patient care medicine since early 2000.

Photography as I am an award winning Professional Photographer with a love of Nature Photography.  I have worked for newspapers and lifestyle magazines.

Thank you for taking the time to ask.

Have A Great Day!

Aimee :)

Hello BlaenauBoy and All Others who are interested in helping me get to Northern Wales.

I will need both employment and a place to live.  I am looking to find both in the Snowdonia area.  Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks for connecting and showing interest in my dream.

Have A Great Day!!!

Aimee

@ Aimee : Have you already posted an advert in section jobs in Wales?

Hello Hasnaa,

No, I have not placed an advert in the "jobs in Wales" section.  Do you believe this would be advantageous for me?  If so, then I will.  All suggestions are appreciated as I really want to procure a job as well as a place to live in the Snowdonia National Forest area. 

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help.

Have A Great Day!

Aimee

Hi Aimee

Some estate agents in this part of the world which could give you an idea about property prices to rent/buy are: Beresford Adams; Tom Parry and Bob Parry (no idea if Tom and Bob are related!)

Plenty of medical work in the region, especially in general practice (I work as a paramedic). As to photography I'm not to sure as to where best to direct you.

Good luck

Hello BlaenauBoy,

Thank you for replying.  The Beresford Adams' site was an easier site to use and offered some great possibilities for housing.

I would like to ask you to please give me any specifics you may have or know about what medical employment opportunities exist in the Snowdonia area particularly for Educators, Medical Researchers, Medical Writer Opportunities, etc at Universities, Teaching Hospitals, or Reseach Facilities.  I just need some general ideas about places I can contact for employment opportunities.  I would prefer not to work as a general practitioner doing clinical medicine since it has been several years since I last practiced primary care.  So any suggestions and/or people to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thank you for all your help so far.  Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,

Aimee

Hi Aimee.

I would recommend that you have a look at the sites of University of Wales, Bangor (the largest university in north Wales) and Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board (the main health provider for this area).

Huw

Hello BlaenauBoy,

Thank you for the information.  It was very helpful.  Now, I just need to procure a job.

I'll keep posting my progress.

Have a great day and thank you, again.

Regards,

Aimee