Worried :(

I want to terminate my contract but my employer/sponsor wants me to pay 3,500 BD.I think its too much. :( Our hospital has no license yet and we have not signed a contract here in bahrain. What we signed was a model contract only,a job order.I asked for the breakdown of the expenses but he will not give me. :( i don't know what to do anymore :(

was there any probationary period in ur contract

No it was not indicated there.. :(

u mean u signed a contract in ur previous country before reaching bahrain

auphoea wrote:

u mean u signed a contract in ur previous country before reaching bahrain

I mean a final contract

if u have not signed any contract in Bahrain itself in presence of ur employers then u can leave job anytime without giving a penny

auphoea wrote:

if u have not signed any contract in Bahrain itself in presence of ur employers then u can leave job anytime without giving a penny

best thing is go to ur countries embassy and tell them u want an exit...they will deal with ur unlicensed hosp .

Before i left my country i have signed a model contract. How can i send you that?i cant attached it here. But here in bahrain i did not sign any contract here..ive been here for almost 5 mos now but the hospital is not yet operating..im afraid my sponsor will make.l problems on me. He has my passport and he lives in saudi :(

You should go to the embassy. Since your case is a little complicated, the embassy is bets placed to resolve it for you - they will know how to handle it and ensure you get out of this situation.

Yes mr farhaz,im at the embassy right now.its my 3rd time here,the same problem but they still have no action.

LMRA has strict rules and guidelines regarding this. Take all correspondence you have and go visit them. They will help you a lot

I also went there and ask,but they said i should talk to my sponsor.im just new here in bahrain..almost 5 mos now :(

Not sure if this would be helpful, but there is a Migrant Workers Protection Society in Bahrain.
http://www.mwpsbahrain.com

Excellent suggestion IndieD. The MWPS does a lot of good work to help out expats in trouble.

Do you think they can really help me? :(
So hopeless :(

ninja9 wrote:

The only way to find out if they can help you is to contact them.
Don't be so negative, and don't let things get you down.
Remember there is never a problem, a only solution.  :cheers:

Thank you so much.i will try to contact them. :)

stumpy wrote:
ninja9 wrote:

The only way to find out if they can help you is to contact them.
Don't be so negative, and don't let things get you down.
Remember there is never a problem, a only solution.  :cheers:

Excellent words of encouragement, stumpy!  :thanks:

it's easy to do so, options:

1- hire a lawyer will cost u around bd5oo
2- you deal direct with the employer but you have to show guts and threaten him with the authorities ( you can go to the work permits authority) (sho'oun).

I hope this would be helpful, good luck

(Moderated: Please register on the Manama business directory)

Dear Ninja,

What i suggest you go with your embassy, you check their if your employer asking 3500 Bhd ask them to submit the bills which they paid FYI, to bring Bahrain,

you take the document which you signed in Filipino, go to LMRA, Discuss if you go their 3 times it wouldn't work either you go to ministry of labour, you explain your problems,

normally in bahrain people never move their assess fast like in other country.

if you need more info, send mail to me [email protected]

Thanks..but i've been to the embassy 3 times..nothing happened..

Do you have a travel ban? If not just walk away. They are breaking the law in what they are doing, so why stay?