Algeria Info help please

I wanting to travel and so many websites have me freaked out! like how dangerous it is to go there for Americans and how dangerous the country is period. Is it true that Algeria hate Americans? And How is traveling there? I am wanting to go about 300 km Southeast of Algiers any info is appreciated!!

Check with the relevant US govt department will give you up to date travel info.

it's not dangerous....it's as any other contry....like america u'll find sucurity but also danger.....that's a commen thing we'll find it evry wher but it depend on us how to act in fogein contries &the places we go to
good luck   ;)

Hi,
People may face danger everywhere in the world, so please don't worry when it comes to Algeria. So many foreigners are travelling over here mainly for business and I think they don't complian about security.
Good luck.

Hi Azaranti...There are Americans living here in Algiers...a couple of them have Language schools...one lady in Blida from Texas and another lady from San Francisco living here in Cheraga..
Going 300km SouthEast of Algiers I don't know about Americans...there are a lot of foreigners working in the oil field down South...whereabouts will you be going? We go to Djelfa quite often,the people there are lovely MashAllah,they love ex-pats!!! Very hospitable...
I have never found Algieria "dangerous" I have been living here since 2003... There are many ex-pats here from all over the world...no danger,just crazy driving...lol...

I'll be going in tiaret

I will ask around for you if you like...

Thank you very much

Hi, one relative of mine is originating from Tiaret. For any information about the city, please contact me.

Ha ha @sistersue your so right about the driving. That made me laugh the driving is shocking!!!

hi all
yeah the driving is shocking, and it is very nice if it is only the driving is wrong....
actualy you dont need to worry about the security in general, it is like everywhere else
safe journey