Anyone currently in Bangkok, please update security situation

Dear friends,
I plan to travel to Bangkok from 28th Jan - 4th Feb but just doesn't know what security situation there. Media is updating everyday, but not sure if it's too serious to go. Please anyone living there in the city and airport zone, update me the situation there.
I own you many thanks.

As of now, it's not that serious.

i will be moving there in a month, so i have been a bit concerned about this too.
I follow Richard Barrow on Twitter ( @Richardbarrow ) as he does 24 hour updates - and shows whats happening there. he also answers peoples questions.
I also check out a blog/website called Coconuts Bangkok, as they also show some reports.

From what i can tell, as long as you are not participating in the protests, and try to stay away from the "occupied" areas that the protesters are located, you will be fine. shopping centers and markets are still running as per usual, they just may not have as many customers, or may close an hour or two earlier. :)
Airports are working as per usual :)

hope that helps ^.^

situation is okay. the only impact is if you stay nearby the protest areas. i'm living just about 1km away from the protest area (ladprao intersection). it only affecting me in terms of the road closures at certain points. this is the same at the other protest areas. so, you need to know where you're going to be staying. commuting may be a bit inconvenient in that respect but generally is okay.
both airports (survanabhumi & don muang) are still accessible as usual. i pass by don muang on weekdays without any problem. survanabhumi airport as well is normal. you can always take the airport express rail service to downtown.
there're few incidents of shooting & grenade blast at the protest areas. but as long as you avoid the places, then definitely okay.

It is nothing, just get away from the protests, takr the subway or sky train to beat the traffic and you will be fine.

Thank you everyone, i just passed by Bangkok for few days and it was ok. apology for late response. if you have chance to visit HCMC, contact me. I pay you back my thank you.

Still nothing major, just political snipping and name calling. The rallies are still going on at 5 locations, down from 7, but the recent election took the wind out of the protestors sailes. It is much better than it was a week ago, but still annoying due to increased traffic. Just take sjy train a bunch when traffic is bad and stay away from the rallies after midnight and you will be fine. Other than that, it is smooth sailing here in Bangkok. Enjoy your trip.

Hi there,

I am living Bangkok, and to be honest, don't worry about the protests.
I travel throughout Bangkok every day and hardly have any problems.
Just avoid the main rally sites and you will not even notice that something is going on.

You can follow the updates on following Twitter account;

twitter.com/RichardBarrow

Chris

The situation is currently messy but it as long as you stay out of those affected areas, you'll be safe.
My recommendation to you is to go out of bangkok so that you can see the natural lifestyle of thailand and there are many many beautiful provinces to visit.

where will you stay?

Im a pro golfer and its all good in bangkok, especially to foreigners. No worries

anything on bangkok, please feel free to ask, born n raised here, former international school student in bangkok and masters graduate from germany

live life to da fullest in bkk!
regards
Kiwi

all is safe and fine for tourists.