Expat Get Together In Bangalore

Hello Everyone I would like ypto start by wishing you a Happy New Year and wish all good things to happen in you lives in this year 2014.

Well I have been members of this woderfull expat community recently but I used to be member of other expat community too in all the countries that I have been and we used to have some meeting or get together monthly or weekly depending of the availability of each of us.

This might be not necessary for some of us but it is actually really important for expats.
Well we are in a foreign country no matter if we came alone of with our familly , what we should know is that we all belong now to a one and a big family called EXPAT COMMUNITY as we are facing the same realities and we are under the same rules applied to every expat no matter the county we are coming from we are all called foreigners.
So it really important for us to meet in atleast once or twice in the month to exchange share experiences and also plan for usefull activities life fund raising for poor people or humanitary purpose.
I can see that other members from others states and cities started those meeting but I have never seen in this website or heard from other member about activities or event.

So I suggest to start thinking about this, I know among us there people good in planning activities I am ready to be part of it I would like to know if you are also ready ?

Ready for your comment and suggestions

Let us plan a get together of Ex pats of Bangalore first.  I think we have quite a few people here.
Can anyone suggest a place to get together.  Just avoid the 5 star hotels.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Dr. Majeed

It is a good idea to have a Expat members Get Together in Bangalore. When you are planning to arrange it?

Ola,
I see that the topic has just stopped.
I am in brazil now and I will be back to India - Bangalore next month.
I can plan for an expat gathering.

I am already part of Couch surfing since long time organizing events.
So not to worry let us take this forward.

what do you suggest guys?

If we can take this forward.. the post about our gathering should be informed in Facebook and other networking sites specially to expats in order that they will find something is happening in this group.

waiting to hear from you,
Dix

I took the initiative a couple of times on this forum but did not get a good response. I am in to participate whenever there is a meet up. Any location in Bangalore is okay with me.

Cheers
Terence

I am also interested. Kindly let me know the Place, Date & Time.

Thank you everyone for the interest that you have for this topic it means that there is a real need of those events of hour communicpty here in Bangalore. This is only gonna happen only if we are well organised.
We need to have a commity or group of person elected or appointed or even volunteers who will be able to organise such. Also contact some expereineced event organisers to set up for us dates and place as we will be charged on food and drinks.
So if among us there are people who wanna make so little profit by bringing us together let's see your plans and we decide.

What are u guys thinking about it

We have regular expat meet ups in Mauritius. The last one was on 22nd Feb and we had a crowd of more than 100 expats and locals. In Mauritius the meet ups are on the beach and bring and share theme.
I suggest that we meet at any bar and each one can pay for their own drinks. We would like to keep expat meet ups away from people who want to make money out of these  events.

I Know one place in Bangalore to have drinks & food near Whitefield name called OPUS.

Unlimited drinks & food. The timings are from 7PM till 11 PM. But make sure we should be around 10 people min. The price is Rs. 1100 to Rs. 1200 / head.

Or else let me know whether we need to stay in Resort for one night to chat with each other.

Hello all,

We are a group of expats and Indians meeting up at OPUS nightclub, VasanthNagar, Bangalore on March 12th, 2014, that is on a Wednesday at 8 PM.

I am a Bass-Baritone and I will be there to light up the evening for you all.

Come on, join us for a drink, or sing a song on stage. It's Karaoke night!

[Moderated: no phone number on the forum please]

Hello all,

Its good to know about all going to meet at one place. But 12th its Wednesday. Anyway enjoy the meeting.

Have you a Nice day.

Thank you.

Dear Nash
I am not lucky I am in France otherwise I would have attended this event with pleasure
How are you going one dear Nazh pls excuse me because since my return to France I was very busy I will be coming back to India inthe end ofthis month or early april
take care
best regards
MHB

can u give more details??
best regs
MHB

Hi Habib,

I am a Bass-Baritone and perform across Bangalore.
A few of my expat and Indian friends will be meeting at OPUS, VasanthNagar in Bangalore.
A night of music and networking for expats..
We will hold these meet-ups every week on Wednesday across different Karaoke nightclubs in Bangalore.
What better way to chill out after a long day at work than by singing a few songs?
Come on over whenever you're in town....
Inbox me for any queries.

Hi Nash,

I am too a musician and I play the Djambe and other percussion instruments . Please PM me your contact number. We can jam up sometimes.

Cheers
Terence

Thanks all!

10 people are turning up tonight for the event. It will be lots of fun, music and networking!!!

Ciao

All the best and enjoy

Hope you can join us when you are in Bangalore the next time around. There is always a next time!!!

Thanks to all those who attended the meet-up!! We all had an amazing evening at OPUS.

That's great, i hope you people had a great fun over there.

Thank you.

hello
can you explain how was the getogother and publish somes pics??
best regs
MHB

Hi Habib,

!0 of us, expats met at OPUS yesterday and there was a special KARAOKE night honoring women. It was an amazing night filled with wonderful music and a great crowd.

We're planning to meet up every week at OPUS and other nightclubs across Bangalore where we can sit, chat over a glass of wine and network.

Looking forward for you to join us sometime!!!. Do bring in fellow expats when you descend on Bangalore city. You won't regret coming down..:-)

Just pure music, no noise!!

Dear Nash
thansk a lot for this information
can you please lkeave me your contact telephone number so that I can speak to u over phons
thanks best regs
MHB

Hi all,

We are happy to hear that you had a good time during your meeting.

It would be nice if you could tell us more about the meeting please. How was the music during the evening?

Do you want to meet again soon?

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa

Hey Hasnaa,

The music was mind-blowing..We are meeting up next Wednesday at Opus again.

It was a great mixture of expats from the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. We chatted leisurely over drinks and snacks.

Cool stuff indeed! Not the run of the mill boring board room or star hotel meet-ups. That's what set this meet-up apart.

Everybody chatted over food and drinks, sang, and those who wanted to shake a leg danced to the groovy beats in the end.

We are meeting up this Wednesday again!! Those who wanna get invited can PM me.

Cheers,
Nash

Hello,

May i know which place get to gather is going on.

Thank you.

Opus tomorrow..

All set for the second expat meet-up today at 8.30 PM. All happening at OPUS!!

Cheers,
Nash

Enjoy and have a nice time cheers

Hi Habib,

Another wonderful night of music..Only this time it was Jazz. The night kept rolling like it was flowing.
We had 12 expats turn up for the meet-up.

Our meet-ups are definitely happening now.

Cheers,
Nash

Good and bravo

Thanks for the kind words, Habib!

We plan to work up the magic with the music more often now. The meet-ups are so much more vibrant now than the dull and sullen.