Marriage Records Search

I am trying to do my marriage paperwork in Hai Phong and have run into a slight problem. They are insisting I get a record of no marriages found since my divorce from Clark County, NV. The catch 22 is that Clark County, NV does not issue those. I already have the Single Status Affadavit and the Non-impediment to marriage certificates. Has anyone run into this problem?

Parmyd
I quote from the applicable law so it is up to you to interpret how it applies to your case.

http://luatminhkhue.vn/marriage-1/decre … nd-cp.aspx

Article 7. Dossier for marriage registration

1. A dossier for marriage registration is made into 01 set, including the following papers of each party:

a) The marriage registration declaration (made according to the set form);

b) The written certification of marital status or marriage registration declaration with certification of marital status of Vietnamese citizens, issued within 6 months to the date the dossier is received; documentary evidence on marital status of foreigners, issued by a competent agency of the country of which the applicant is a citizen, within 6 months to the date the dossier is received, stating that such applicant is currently in status of having no wife or no husband;

In cases where foreign laws do not prescribe the certification of marriage status, it can be replaced by the certification of oath taken by the applicant that he or she concurrently has no wife or husband, in accordance with the laws of those countries;

The usual case of some government official wanting some tea money?

Anatta wrote:

The usual case of some government official wanting some tea money?

That's exactly what it is to the tune of 3000USD. I have the letter from Clark County that states they do not issue those being translated now and going to bring it over to them this afternoon. Also going to print out that regulation in Vietnamese and bring it to them also.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Looks like I won round 1. They said if I get the letter that states they do not issue "no marriage records found" letter from Clark County notarized at the embassy they will accept that. So I am in Hanoi now taking care of that.

I am sure they will try and throw me some more curve balls before it is all said and done.

So now it is 50 USD to already rich Uncle Sam's pocket instead of 3000USD to some poor, hard working Vietnamese official  ;)

Anatta wrote:

So now it is 50 USD to already rich Uncle Sam's pocket instead of 3000USD to some poor, hard working Vietnamese official  ;)

Yes that poor hard working Vietnamese official is just going to have to wait a little longer before trading in her 2013 Lexus LS 600h L for a new 2014 model.  :sosad: