Homesteading

I am very curious about the communities in New Zealand, but more importantly about if there are any homesteading communities. I'm considering a move to New Zealand in the future and plan to start my own homestead, but would like information on already formed homesteads. Any information would be appreciated. I've not had much luck doing the research on my own and I figure it is best to ask people actually living there anyway. Thanks in advance!

Do you mean home stay ??
Homestead refers to farming.

Hey Stumpy,

No, I really mean homestead. I am planning a transition into a more natural way of living. I plan to start a small homestead community with a couple close friends of mine, but want to know more about the homesteading community there. Also, just to be sure I am articulating this right, can you define a home stay? I looked it up myself, but want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Home stay is where where people invite paying guests to stay with them, usually on a farm.

In NZ the word commune is used and is the much the same concept as your homestead community.
There are communes in NZ and I suggest you try an online search for communes and see what crops up.

Thank you very much! I was beginning to suspect that it might have a different name, but I had no idea what that could be. I will look up what I can on that. Thanks again! You were very helpful.   :D