Visiting Cuenca in Feb 2014

Hello All. We will be visiting Cuenca on an exploratory trip the first half of February. Getting a break from this winter will be really nice too. Would like to meet some of the expats to learn from your experiences on the ground. Retirement is a few years off but must start exploring the options with time. We have a place and will try as much as possible to live like local expats. We are also fluent in Spanish, so hoping that will help ease the experience.

Any advice on local life, cultural activities, grocery shops, etc. is welcome.

Saludos!

There are gringo gatherings 3 times a week in Cuenca. Please join us for friendly people and delicious food and drink:
Tuesdays
DiBacco Restaurant
5 PM
Tarqui y Gran Colombia
Fridays
Fabiano's Pizza
5 PM
Pres. Cordova y Mariano Cueva
Sundays
Inca Bar
1 PM
Riverwalk Rio Tomebamba at Benigno Malo
Second Floor
Sports bar, great burgers

regina in cuenca

jorgito715 wrote:

Hello All. We will be visiting Cuenca on an exploratory trip the first half of February. Getting a break from this winter will be really nice too.

Greetings Jorgito, getting away from Trenton, NJ is a great idea any time of the year.
I noticed on your profile you said you want to move to Colombia, and since you are in the pharmacy business that would be logical.  Any reason why you are coming to Ecuador instead?  Are you going to check out both countries?  If so, we would love to read your comparing and contrasting the two, especially since you speak Spanish.  Good Luck!!

Hello,

I am moving to Cuenca in Sept of this year and would love to hear from you and meet you when I arrive
I have lived in the USA and Asia (Singapore and Indonesia)
looking forward to my Golden Years in Cuenca.
I have been selling high end real estate for 30 years and ready to retire.

Have a wonderful week,

Trish