Budapest airport to Ferenc Liszt Square?

Hey,

Can anyone tell me my best option for getting to Ferenc Liszt Square from Budapest airport?

Are there shuttle buses that run frequently and if so, do you need to book them beforehand?

How much can I expect to pay in a taxi?

Thanks,

Mikey

There is a shuttle service that runs as filling up they have an English website here: http://www.airportshuttle.hu/en/

A shuttle bus ride is cheaper for one person then if you hire a cab just for yourself to the airport.
You must book in advance.
We are heading to the airport next week from downtown and the cabbies on the st. have quoted us around 7,000 forints for a ride. 2 years ago it was only 5,000. prices are going up here but wages are not!

MikeyMcD wrote:

Hey,
Can anyone tell me my best option for getting to Ferenc Liszt Square from Budapest airport?

Hi,

The BUD airport just recently got renamed to "Liszt Ferenc", so please double-check your destination. There is a "Liszt Ferenc square" downtown right by the public transportation hub "Oktogon" though, so I'll go with that:

The 200 bus takes you to subway line 3 ("blue"), which you take to Deak Ferenc square, switch to subway line 1 ("yellow") to Oktogon.

- facebook.com/pages/TAXI-AIRport-Budapest/454870834639677