Buying a new Car

I am deciding to take a new car

Honda Civic 2013
Toyota Corolla 2014
Kia Rio 2014 or
Nissan Sentra 2013 ... your ideas with regards to spare parts cost and its overall maintenance and performance

One website you can visit that has nice details about cars is car complaints.

I own a Nissan and am very happy with it. Original spare parts a bit expensive, but I have driven the car with not much maintenance.

People speak so highly of Toyota's to the point people no longer look and the downside. But in general they're good cars and are value retainers.

Don't know much about Honda, heard that you are good with it until you need to change a spare part.

Kia is the new kid on the block. Don't know much about it, but heard they're improving every year.

Good luck

Japanese cars have resale value written all over them; especially Toyota, they have a high resale market. as expats that is a primary concern.

I am a kia owner myself; their service is excellent.

look at each of their service schedules, gauge the amount you need to pay, compare, factor in the price of the car, and decide. you will drive it, not us :)

Thanks to JustFed up and Legacy for your valuable comments.Its very insightful.

To JustFedup,I looked up the website carcomplaints.com and I was alarmed to find the Corolla with the highest number of complaints in 2009.The New corolla is 2.0 cc,I haven't seen much of that on the road as yet.I wonder if Hala February has anything to offer as yet

To Legacy I concur with what you said and yes Japanese cars have resale value.Kia has no resale value is what I heard in fact most Korean cars don't.Test Driving these Japanese cars won't speak out much,I will have to wait and choose the right car at the appropriate time