Affordable gym in Quito??

:cheers: If any of you is a member to a gym in Quito I would like to know what it cost and how you like the place where you work out now and any opinion on other gyms in the area? Thanks!!

Does anyone work out in Quito? Where?  :cool:

Leo:

What looks like a nice fitness facility is opening Saturday at Qmanda (near La Ronda). When it's open I will let y'all know what it's like, prices, etc.

I also saw a sign for a gymnasio on Calle Guayaquil today, near Plaza Grande, but they weren't open when I went upstairs to check it out. That's all I know of thus far.

Bob

BobH wrote:

What looks like a nice fitness facility is opening Saturday at Qmanda (near La Ronda). When it's open I will let y'all know what it's like, prices, etc.

I also saw a sign for a gymnasio on Calle Guayaquil today, near Plaza Grande, but they weren't open when I went upstairs to check it out. That's all I know of thus far.

I visited the gymnasio on Guayaquil again, and again it wasn't open -- so I'm beginning to wonder about it.

The good news: Qmanda opened today and I went by to take a look. Very impressive -- they've done quite a job with it. The gym is quite well equipped, and the price is definitely right -- $1/hour. It might be enough to convince me to stay in this apartment for longer than the two months I paid for up-front.

1$ hr !!! That is awesome  :D
What neighborhood are you in?

I'm very near La Ronda -- the new facility, Qmanda, is at the east end of La Ronda, in what is called Cumanda Plaza.

I agree the price is fantastic, and is obviously heavily subsidized by the taxpayers (for which I offer them my sincere thanks). It will be interesting to see how well it will be maintained, and whether it is still nice in a couple years. In the meantime, however, I intend to enjoy it.

JW Marriott Hotel in Quito has a gym called "Zumay Club" for a $150.00 a month. It's very worth it, as a member you get discounts in all the hotel restaurants and a amazing discounts in their Spa.