New Visa Law

Firozbusiness wrote:

where i can apply this and get 6 months VISA to stay in ph

its not a  month visa  -its a visa extension ,only place u can apply for a visa extension is in philippines

1. For your information:
I didn't go to Immigration to apply for Exit Clearance by that time, since I had working visa. I just went directly to the airport.

2. For all of your complaints: I have no comments about the Immigration is right or wrong here. It is their country, you select to stay here, they don't select you. But I understand your feelings, it's life. Just say to yourself: everything will be fine.

MeoMun wrote:

1. For your information:
I didn't go to Immigration to apply for Exit Clearance by that time, since I had working visa. I just went directly to the airport.

2. For all of your complaints: I have no comments about the Immigration is right or wrong here. It is their country, you select to stay here, they don't select you. But I understand your feelings, it's life. Just say to yourself: everything will be fine.

You're the one who asked if a ECC was needed if you have an ACR card...So if you did you needed an Exit Clearance...If when you went to the airport without one and they let you leave than that further supports my statement about the incompetance of the Immigration Officials...You were fortunate young lady...Life in the Philippines is somewhat of a crap shoot...LOL...

An exit clearance is required if you have been in the country for 6 months or more.  The deeper details can be hard to find and understand. 
1.  If you are here on a tourist visa 6+ months (you already have an ACRI card), you will process the ECC-A and pay your P500.  I helped an expat on April 30, 2014 get the ECC-A (Intra Muros, Manila) and it was P500, not P7K.
2.  If your spouse is Filipino and you are on a 13A visa with that type of ACRI card, you can process an ECC-B.  The ECC-B is your Re-entry Permit (RP). 

Notes:
1.  Some asian countries will ask for the ACRI card as you travel or do a visa run be prepared for that.
2.  Immigration requirements now are to process the ECC-A 3 days prior to flight, I would avoid attempting a rushed airport ECC as you may find you will miss the flight that day.
3.  My comments are mostly regarding tourist visa and may not apply for those with a "working visa".
4.  "...It will be cheaper to get 2 to 6 months extensions on your visitors visa at a "local Field Office" is not correct.   The "local Field Office" is not able to process a 6 month extension.
5.  Not all ACRI cards are equal -The ACRI card for a person married to a filipino ( i.e., 13A or 16A visa) has a different color code*, is good for 5 years and only requires the annual report..  not sure why that is second class?
6.  Annual reporting:  All foreign national ACRI card holders that required annual reporting (historically work or dependent visa status types) must submit an annual report during the first 60 days of each calendar year. No more third-party representatives to submit the annual report on a foreign nationals behalf.  Foreign nationals younger than 14 and older than 65 are exempt from personal appearances.

* Regarding ACRI card color codes: Look to the left of the embedded microchip and note if your card has a one each Green and Orange colored squares.  Those colors = the "Tourist" ACRI card.  Other classes of ACRI cards are based on the visa types.

The visa types requiring ACR I-cards are: 9(d); 9(g); 9(f); 13; 47(a)(2) (Board of Investments); Special Investors Resident Visa; and Special Visa for Employment Generation. 

The main exceptions for ACRI card requirements are:  Visa type 47(a)(2) (Philippine Export Zone Authority); Regional Operating Headquarters; Special Resident Retirees Visa; and other visa types as may be expressly exempted by law.

Calif-Native, are you saying if you are 65 or older there is no requirement to submit an annual reporting form  and are exempt or the form must be filed but you need not report in person...WHICH IS IT...???

Vet retreat,
Reread: 6.  Annual reporting:  All foreign national ACRI card holders that required annual reporting (historically work or dependent visa status types) must submit an annual report during the first 60 days of each calendar year. No more third-party representatives to submit the annual report on a foreign nationals behalf.  Foreign nationals younger than 14 and older than 65 are exempt from personal appearances.

If your 14-65, show up in person. Otherwise, a proxy (family, etc) can file for you but you still must report. However  we're talking the PI here so anything is subject to interpretation by the local rep at the time.

Hello,

I have my working visa downgraded to tourist visa and effective until May 22. It was downgraded at Peza building (Head office of Immigration). So I want to ask 2 questions:

1. Now I want to extend my tourist visa. Can I go to other offices of Immigration (Makati office, for example) or I still need to go to the Head office?

2. I will come back Vietnam on Sep 25 and return to Manila on Oct 5, what kind of tourist visa is good for me? Extend monthly based or 6 months visa? If I apply for 6 months visa, when I go to the airport, do I still need ECC? Will my 6 months visa still good up to Oct 25, or it will be expired when I leave the country?

Any advice and help are appreciated!

Thank you!

vetretreat wrote:

Calif-Native, are you saying if you are 65 or older there is no requirement to submit an annual reporting form  and are exempt or the form must be filed but you need not report in person...WHICH IS IT...???

ALL Annual reports must be completed.  However:

1.  If a person is 14-65 years old, there is "No more third-party representatives to submit the annual report on a foreign nationals behalf". 

They must go in person to do annual report!!!!

2.  If the "Foreign nationals younger than 14 and older than 65" this age group is exempt from personal appearance requirement and can have third-party representatives to submit the annual report.

They do not have to go in person to do annual report!!!!

MeoMun wrote:

Hello,

I have my working visa downgraded to tourist visa and effective until May 22. It was downgraded at Peza building (Head office of Immigration). So I want to ask 2 questions:

1. Now I want to extend my tourist visa. Can I go to other offices of Immigration (Makati office, for example) or I still need to go to the Head office?

2. I will come back Vietnam on Sep 25 and return to Manila on Oct 5, what kind of tourist visa is good for me? Extend monthly based or 6 months visa? If I apply for 6 months visa, when I go to the airport, do I still need ECC? Will my 6 months visa still good up to Oct 25, or it will be expired when I leave the country?

Any advice and help are appreciated!

Thank you!

It sounds like you need to understand the following:

1.  Obtain a visa extension through end of Sept 2014 (office location will be based on 59 day vs. 6 month extension).

2.  The ECC is required after you have been in the PI 6+ months and is not based on how long you will stay.

3.  Tourist Visas are not typically "multi-entry" visas and once you leave the country, it also ends or expires.  Upon re-entry, the visa process starts over again (past visa extensions are not valid).

4.  Regarding ECC and ACRI Card please review my recent posts and other posts on these topics.  With your downgrade, you need to understand how your time in each status and when (how long ago) your downgrade took place, to properly address the ACRI Card or any application for it that may be pending upon your departure date.  Try NOT to have a pending ACRI card application when you depart. 

5.  You may also want to confirm what ticket requirements await you when you are ready to return to the PI.  You may be hit with the need for a "throw away ticket" before the specific airlines will allow you to leave Vietnam or the Philippine Immigration decides to follow the law and require you to have a  ticket that does not leave the PI as your final destination.

Example:  You buy a round trip ticket from Manila to vietnam, but since that ticket will show Manila as you final travel location, you may need to buy a one-way ticket from Manila to Vietnam dated after your return date on the RT ticket you used to get back to the PI.

Calif-Native wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

ALL Annual reports must be completed.  However:

1.  If a person is 14-65 years old, there is "No more third-party representatives to submit the annual report on a foreign nationals behalf". 

They must go in person to do annual report!!!!

2.  If the "Foreign nationals younger than 14 and older than 65" this age group is exempt from personal appearance requirement and can have third-party representatives to submit the annual report.

They do not have to go in person to do annual report!!!!

Calif. When was the Annual Report first enacted and mandatory for permanent resident aliens...

Hmmmmm,
Not sure regarding when the law first came to be, but it was well before the ACR became an i-card (i.e., was still paper-based).  Since the actual authority for the BI to handle all rules and laws was based on the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 (CA 613), one can assume the foundation for this "Annual Report" has been around for decades.  With Sec. 3, CA 613, authorizing the Commissioner to issue such rules and regulations, change scope and frequency can be at the whim of the Comish. 

By 1950, all registered foreign nationals, immigrant or non-immigrant, resident or non-resident visa holders in the Philippines, were required to report in person, "pursuant to Section 10 of the Alien Registration Act of 1950. 

By 2011, it was made clear that within the first sixty (60) days of CY 2011, the report was to be filed at the Alien Registration Division (ARD), Bureau of Immigration with an "Annual Report" fee of P300.00 and P10.00 Legal Research fee.

Of course, the latest changes were based on "Memorandum Order No. RADJR-2012-028" which used a memorandum to modify long existing law.

I hope I have answered your question.

vetretreat wrote:
MeoMun wrote:

I'm leaving Philippines to come back my home country in Vietnam.
Do I still need to have exit clearance when I already have ACR i-card?
Does anyone know?
Thank you!

I have also come to the conclusion, if you are legally married to a Philippine citizen and you must travel abroad MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR and you DO NOT LIVE next door to Intra Muros, Manila...Why even get an ACR card...It will be cheaper to get two to six month extensions on your visitors visa at a Field Office..THE TRAVEL, HOTEL EXPENSES to Intra Muros, Manila WILL BE MORE THEN THE "EXIT CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE" which comes to almost 7K pesos...

IN THE PHILIPPINES HAVING A MARRIAGE ACR CARD YOU ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY AND NO DIFFERENT THAN A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN..A Philippines citizen Overseas Foreign Worker going abroad needs an ECC for a cost of less than 500 pesos...It is real BULLSHIT if a foreigner who invests his money in the country, takes care of a his Filipina wife and family, is charged such outrageous sums...IT'S LIKE YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR JUST BEING MARRIED TO ONE OF THEIR PEOPLE...If you plan to do NO travel abroad than the ACR card would be the way to go, otherwise visitor visa extensions is best...

PESO IS KING...

The current flavor at BI is that Tourist Visa holders are required to get the ACRI card after the first 59 days of extension.  This version is good for 1 year only.  The ACRI Card for married foreigners (13A Visa types) is very different and is issued as temporary (1 year) and becomes a 5 year permanent type upon application for that status.

So, unless the married person leaves before the 59 day extension has expired, it would be impossible to be here past about 90 days without the ACRI Card being forced to acquire.

Note:  Not sure how any of this plays when the question moves to the 13A Visa vs. the "Balikbayan status" of 1 year stamp upon entry with spouse (along with the proof of ‘onward travel' that may pop up).   It seems possible to slip under the ACRI Card requirement under this entry type but I am not married and can't confirm this.

Calif-Native wrote:
vetretreat wrote:
MeoMun wrote:

I'm leaving Philippines to come back my home country in Vietnam.
Do I still need to have exit clearance when I already have ACR i-card?
Does anyone know?
Thank you!

I have also come to the conclusion, if you are legally married to a Philippine citizen and you must travel abroad MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR and you DO NOT LIVE next door to Intra Muros, Manila...Why even get an ACR card...It will be cheaper to get two to six month extensions on your visitors visa at a Field Office..THE TRAVEL, HOTEL EXPENSES to Intra Muros, Manila WILL BE MORE THEN THE "EXIT CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE" which comes to almost 7K pesos...

IN THE PHILIPPINES HAVING A MARRIAGE ACR CARD YOU ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY AND NO DIFFERENT THAN A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN..A Philippines citizen Overseas Foreign Worker going abroad needs an ECC for a cost of less than 500 pesos...It is real BULLSHIT if a foreigner who invests his money in the country, takes care of a his Filipina wife and family, is charged such outrageous sums...IT'S LIKE YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR JUST BEING MARRIED TO ONE OF THEIR PEOPLE...If you plan to do NO travel abroad than the ACR card would be the way to go, otherwise visitor visa extensions is best...

PESO IS KING...

The current flavor at BI is that Tourist Visa holders are required to get the ACRI card after the first 59 days of extension.  This version is good for 1 year only.  The ACRI Card for married foreigners (13A Visa types) is very different and is issued as temporary (1 year) and becomes a 5 year permanent type upon application for that status.

So, unless the married person leaves before the 59 day extension has expired, it would be impossible to be here past about 90 days without the ACRI Card being forced to acquire.

Note:  Not sure how any of this plays when the question moves to the 13A Visa vs. the "Balikbayan status" of 1 year stamp upon entry with spouse (along with the proof of onward travel that may pop up).   It seems possible to slip under the ACRI Card requirement under this entry type but I am not married and can't confirm this.

I know a couple of Aussies who do that..1 year with no ACR.

You still have to do the first 2 month visa and then  you can apply for the six month visa, they charge you the equivalent of 4 x two month visas, so they make more money for the 6 month visa (just over 12,000 pesos), but you dont have to visit Immigration every 2 months.

Dennigmt wrote:

You still have to do the first 2 month visa and then  you can apply for the six month visa, they charge you the equivalent of 4 x two month visas, so they make more money for the 6 month visa (just over 12,000 pesos), but you dont have to visit Immigration every 2 months.

u dont apply for a 6 month visa  -it a visa extension    ,i presume the 12000 includes the acr crad which costs around  2250 peso ,so its not equiv of 4X 2 month   ,even if u get 3 X2 month  it would be the same

No the card was separate that I received at the end of my two month visa, at the time of my application for the visa extension yes the visa extension was 12,000 plus

A two month visa cost 3030P x 3 = 9090P for 6 months

EXCELLENT ARITHMETIC!!!

Dennigmt wrote:

My question to you is why would you even consider a Retirement Visa when it is cheaper to go the 6 month route..and you dont have to put up thousands in a bank...

Dennigmt wrote:

yes but u also have to pay for acr card and its not 3030 every 2 months   -different rates each time

I wish Manila immigration knew consistent arithmetic

A 6 month visa extension doesn't allow you to operate a business ect it is a holiday visa that is all

Dennigmt wrote:

I wish Manila immigration knew consistent arithmetic

Depends on who services you..There is a set rate but the clerk may jack your price up and enter if on the lessor rate and pocket the rest...DAILY PRACTICE...Know the rates before you apply..

For the past 8 yrs I have been renewing 2 monthly visa and go out of the country after 18 months. just for a break. I have to pay for ACR  and all the naffing BOLLOCKS which they ask for and I pay it off including 5  EXPRESS LANES on 1 application each time.( But they charge you for each memo they introduce to get money from you. I used to shit in my pants every time to see what else they could add on? Not anymore )!!!!!  AND thats, THAT . I Dont have to deposit my pension savings in the bank and all that Crappe (that comes out from Manila to extort any more money). SIMPLE!!!!  Be done with it !!!!! There is no need to scream when they squeeze your balls .If you do, they  will really squeeze even harder. (moderated: no vulgarity here pls) !!! ENJOY!!! ITS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!

Its not a good deal .Applying for 6mnths Visa.(120000 as it costs more !  I pay (2800) /2 months= 8,400 for 6 months . I would have thought that it would be logical for 6 months Visa to be much cheaper as it cuts down the bureaucracy and staff salary and overheads ? apparently someone hasn't done their home work arithmetically .        BUT,   ITS MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!! ENJOY while you can ! NICE PEOPLE NICE PLACE AND NICE TO BE HERE!!!!!

it  is  not P12000 for  a six months visa it is around P10500 you can go to the  Bureau of Immigration website it  has  all fees there, it  is  cheaper for a six month visa than going two months at a time, you don't have  to pay all of the  express lane fees on the  six months,and  if  you pay for  the  ARC card the  first six months the  next time  the  card is still good  so no fee for  ARC card the  last six months

Sorry bud I disagree with you my friend

! I pay 2830/ 2moths including "3" Express lanes. .ie. 1 , 500 for visa application fee
                                                                                                                                 2, 500  for clearance certificate ( which is a big scam as its just a print out that you havent been a naughty boy etc etc which YOU MUST HAVE and pay for it!!!) Whether you like it or not.Its a MEMO from Manila
                                                                                                                                  and 3, 1830 for VISA renewal fee !!
I can understand if the office is  crowded .....???????????? it NEVER IS !!! Doesnt have air con or a fan. Just like the world famous fab  Manila International airport . All in total 2830!! for 2 MONTHS!!!!!!! X 3 = 8490 pesos !!!!
having said that I have to dish out around 6 K annually for the NEW ID card and the bollocks ! 
What you read or see on their web site means NOTHING as its never "updated" as they say when you are on your naffing knees pleading with them and trying to prove them wrong??  Oh well good luck to you guys.

in that 8490 you forgot to add the  ARC fee P2500, the  new website at the  BOI is usually up to date, if not the  fees are posted at least in Davao they are

I think you need to find another country ,you are  not  going to be  happy here in the  Philippines

ADR is Annual ! please refer to my last blog   as you have missed the whole point,
Have a lovely day. Muna

Thanks for your humble advice SIR and you are 100% correct! I have lived here since2005 ,Designed and built  my own house  with the highest British standards to retire, try to help  and enjoy the rest of my days . Am I happy? NO! you are right there dude, I have been robbed for 4.2 M pesos, scammed and threatened with a gun pushed into my stomach . scammed by the hospitals  for not finding anything wrong with me, inserting  wrong lenses  for cataract ... I can just go on  and on.............. . I am a very fit and active 73 yrs old, playing golf badminton and sexually very virile too and am NOT desperate in anyway. However,having miscalculated that I could live in peace and solace here will NEVER happen , Pursuing my many hobbies I just cant get the right materials . Everything is in Manila !! It was my 1st choice and NOT my last resort to live here. Unlike many other Xpats I am not running away from something nor I am trying to forget my past life .  I WANTED TO LIVE IN PEACE In A HUMBLE WAY , THATS ALL I WANTED1.

Hello guys > could you please calm down and stay on topic. :)

Thank you.

Hi all,

We have removed off topic posts for info.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

I thought I should enter this discussion as I have completed my first 16 months stay and I am working on my second stay of 16 months. I have keep records of what I have paid. I won't break it all down but if someone is interested I can.
It should be noted that all the figures below are what I had in receipts and what the BI says should be paid, not inclusive of the extra (no receipt) I did pay.

1st 2 months 3030
2nd 2 months is of course the ACR card. I have receipts for 7335
3rd 2 months 2830
4th 2 months 4240 which included Residence for Temporary Visitor
5th 2 months 2830
6th 2 months 2830
7th 2 months 3140 which includes a fee for the Annual Report
8th 2 months 2830
500 ECC Clearance to leave the country
1620 Fee at Airport for stay over 1 year.

=31185 I actually paid 33770 for a total of 2585 into someone's pocket.

I noticed at every BI office I attended there was @ 200 added to the fee with no receipt.
Now with the start of my second 16 month stay I pay my fees and then add up the receipts in front of the BI Agent. If they do not total what I have paid, I ask for a receipt for missing amount. Twice now they have quickly paid me my money back.

My attitude with corruption is you are part of the problem or part of the solution. If we continue to pay it without question it will continue. And the unreported monies will just increase.

you should not have  pay for  the  annual report it is  not required for  Tourist visa, and  by all means make sure  you get a receipt for  fees, now  there are times that you can pay and not get a receipt, as in the  case i know  of where you apply for your A13, normally you file  and  than you come  back for  the  interview, there have  been cases where for  an additional P1,000 you can have  the  interview that day, you will not  receive  a receipt and  the  interview will be  dated a later day, also you can pay the  total fee than instead of when the  visa is  issued, better  if  your ARC card will expire before  the  A13 is issued, i have known of  it  taking  8 to 9 months , by paying up front if  they ask you about your ARC show  the  receipt and  tell them you are waiting on visa, if  not  they will try and  get you to pay for  a new ARC while  your waiting  for  the  A13, it  is  taking  a  long  time  it seams  now  for  the  A13

:thanks:

so its best to extend every month after the first 59 days  as a tourist correct?

Oye Bori de donde pa

Jayray wrote:

Oye Bori de donde pa

ENGLISH please.

I don't think this has been addressed anywhere yet as the ruling is fairly new.
But with the visa extension to 3 years before you are required to do a Visa run to renew, how are they going to deal with an on-going ticket out of the country?
At present, I leave the country with a return ticket to Manila. I purchase a cheap on-going ticket as far in the future as I can. Of course I have to forfeit the ticket.
But I have been asked by the airlines in the departing countries (return to Manila) for proof of an on-going ticket?
Would I be right in thinking that the Philippines will no longer require visitors to have an on-going ticket?