New Visa Law

Foreign Tourists will be able to stay 6 months per vist to the Immigration offices instead of the 2 months,It will cost 13,000 pesos,I just read.

Seems sensible. Cut down on the paperwork. So, probably won't happen. ;)

yes it will happen -details are available online,  but only available at boi in manila    so if ur not living in manila  -then might be best to extend at nearest immigration office

Got a link?

http://www.philembassy.no/news-item/lon … hilippines

Hi... I checked on this link, but found no info about the 6 months tourist visa... Can anyone please advise?

I'm leaving Philippines to come back my home country in Vietnam.
Do I still need to have exit clearance when I already have ACR i-card?
Does anyone know?
Thank you!

NOMISE wrote:

Hi... I checked on this link, but found no info about the 6 months tourist visa... Can anyone please advise?

its not a 6 month tourist visa   -its an extension you can get  when already there

I found no notification of a 6 months extension visa available on the Philippines Immigration website.  I even called the Philippine Embassy here in South Africa and they dont even know about a 6 months extension.....?!

well them them to read the link i sent you and get up to date   ph.news.yahoo.com/long-stay-visa-extension-hailed-000500154.html

Meomum,Most certainly you will have to get exit visa,Have a nice trip.

ACR card holders information

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/bi-asks-aliens … 04675.html

wow thanks because I plan to stay about 1 year soon,thanks for sharing

its fairly new,so it takes time to communicate it,but its true

manila and Cebu are just fine

boriloco wrote:

manila and Cebu are just fine

what do you mean by this?

The best way to get the info on 6-month Visa is to understand the terms used "Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension" (LSVVE).  It is on the BOI website at URL:  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php … sion-lsvve:):top:

Thank you for the info received.... It has been verified  :top:

hi i am a graduate of computer engineering and currently working in a manufacturing company, will i be able to get a job even if my visa is for tourist only? how to send my application? pls. hellp.

thank you!

Panth wrote:

Foreign Tourists will be able to stay 6 months per vist to the Immigration offices instead of the 2 months,It will cost 13,000 pesos,I just read.

NICE

leearayat wrote:

hi i am a graduate of computer engineering and currently working in a manufacturing company, will i be able to get a job even if my visa is for tourist only? how to send my application? pls. hellp.

thank you!

Your visa states 'tourist only' so that means you cannot work without the proper visa.

chenchin wrote:

NICE

Welcome to Expat.com.
How about you introduce yourself and give us some information about yourself.
People will not answer one line posts like yours.

Panth wrote:

we have just renewed  last 10 february 2014 (monday) for another six (6) months and it does not cost us php13,000.00 but instead php7,350.00 as follows:

50.00 LEGAL RESEARCH FEE (131)
   900.00 MNTH EXTN APPL FEE (621)
3,000.00 MNTH EXTN FEE (628)
   500.00 CERTIFICATE FEE (613)
   300.00 ANNUAL REPORT FEE (628)
   100.00 VISA STICKER FEE (628)
2,500.00 EXPRESS LANE FEE

7,350.00... NET TOTAL

the amount depends if you are on your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc extension and if you are still getting an ACR card that will be added to the cost but ACR card cost us only to renew at the amt of php2,252.00 + express lane fee of php500.00... also, one has to take in consideration the rate of exchange at the time of applying.

blvdbum7 wrote:
Panth wrote:

we have just renewed  last 10 february 2014 (monday) for another six (6) months and it does not cost us php13,000.00 but instead php7,350.00 as follows:

50.00 LEGAL RESEARCH FEE (131)
   900.00 MNTH EXTN APPL FEE (621)
3,000.00 MNTH EXTN FEE (628)
   500.00 CERTIFICATE FEE (613)
   300.00 ANNUAL REPORT FEE (628)
   100.00 VISA STICKER FEE (628)
2,500.00 EXPRESS LANE FEE

7,350.00... NET TOTAL

the amount depends if you are on your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc extension and if you are still getting an ACR card that will be added to the cost but ACR card cost us only to renew at the amt of php2,252.00 + express lane fee of php500.00... also, one has to take in consideration the rate of exchange at the time of applying.

Even better weeeeeeee I like it,Also you can stay for 3 years now before you exit and come back hehehe ,16 months before.

What a lovely way to screw foreigners by offering 6 mnths visa ? I suppose they want to get money from somewhere to buy armaments to scare off the Chinese.
At present I pay 2800 pesos to renew my visa  ( including, 3 Express lanes fees). for 2 mnths.extention .     For 6 months it would cost me 2800X 3 = 8400 pesos.
                                                 Now they are offering a very attractive 6 mnths visa for just 13000 pesos ? If we care to sum it up ,the immigration is screwing us up for extra 4600 pesos for the same period. THAT IS 25% increment !!!! OH well its more fun in the Phillipines,  PS  ,Even that slogan was stolen from Swiss tourist slogan. Very CLEVER> or are we just DUMB??

To be on the safe side you do need clearance. Its another way to make money from you when you already have an ID card on the data base ? LAUGH PLESE!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahah elcome to the Philippines

To be on the safe side you do need clearance on exit . Its another way to make money from you and have you " over the barrel" when you already have an ID card on the data base ? LAUGH PLEASE!!!! hahahahahahhahahahahah   Welcome to the Philippines MABUHAI !!!!

munawar waheed wrote:

What a lovely way to screw foreigners by offering 6 mnths visa ? I suppose they want to get money from somewhere to buy armaments to scare off the Chinese.
At present I pay 2800 pesos to renew my visa  ( including, 3 Express lanes fees). for 2 mnths.extention .     For 6 months it would cost me 2800X 3 = 8400 pesos.
                                                 Now they are offering a very attractive 6 mnths visa for just 13000 pesos ? If we care to sum it up ,the immigration is screwing us up for extra 4600 pesos for the same period. THAT IS 25% increment !!!! OH well its more fun in the Phillipines,  PS  ,Even that slogan was stolen from Swiss tourist slogan. Very CLEVER> or are we just DUMB??

did you read the post above yours?  they said it didnt cost  13000 peso   ,the costs vary  depending how long you have been there  ,if you dont want to pay for 6 month extension  ,then nobody is making you

Hi everybody,

Careful here please, would be nice if we try not to drag this discussion to off topic.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :)

7,350 pesos sir for 6 months.

yes I am so Happy Of the New costs I am an Aussie and pay near 5000p every 2 months plus after 6 months extra 2500p for ID card that's 7500 peso for that 2 month period Plus ..  and could only stay up to 14 months there , it will be a big saving on previous Visa costs  !!! But Do I  apply in Immigration Philippines or out in our own country in Philippine immigration?????

Is it not about the same cost but more fun to just leave the country and come back the next day?
Can out not get cheap airline tickets out of Clark?

I was at immigration  here and she told me to bring 7030 Peso for the visa next trip. She even wrote it down for me.   But she may not of added all here or such as well.

You could try working on your tourist visa. Someone possibly would even hire you. But, I suspect you will not like Philippine jails even though you are likely to be very popular there. It says tourist for a reason.

Working in the PI as a Foreign National (according to Philippine Department of Labor)

The FIVE main questions to understand and be prepared for are:

1.  What is required: An AEP (Alien Employment Permit)
"An Alien Employment Permit is a document issued by the Department of Labor and Employment which authorizes a foreign national to work in the Philippines." 

Main steps to get an AEP:

A. Documentary requirements
    a. Duly accomplished Application Form;
    b. Photocopy of Passport, with visa or Certificate of Recognition for refugees;
    c. Contract of Employment/ Appointment or Board Secretarys Certificate of Election;
    d. Photocopy of Mayors Permit to operate business or in case of locators in economic zones, Certification from the PEZA or the Ecozone Authority that the company is located and operating within the ecozone;
   e. and Photocopy of current AEP (if for renewal)
B. Fees
Permit fee is P8,000 for one year validity or fraction thereof plus P3,000.00 for every additional year of validity or a fraction thereof, which shall not exceed five years, to be paid upon submission of application."  You have 15 days to apply!!!!

2.  Who is required to obtain an AEP?
"a. All foreign nationals who intend to engage in gainful employment in the Philippines;
b. Foreign professionals who are allowed to practice their profession in the Philippines under reciprocity and other international agreements and in consultancy services pursuant to Section 7(j) of the PRC Modernization Act of 2000.
c. Holders of Special Investors Resident Visa (SIRV), Special Retirees Resident Visa (SRRV), Treaty Traders Visa (9d) or Special Non-Immigrant Visa (47(a)2) for as long as they occupy any executive, advisory, supervisory, or technical position in any establishment."

3.  How long does it take?
"If the application is filed at the Regional Office, issuance or denial of AEP shall be within 24 hours after the publication. If the application is filed at the Field Office, issuance or denial of AEP shall be within 5 working days from date of filing of application."

4.  Suspension of AEP?
"The AEP may be suspended after due process based on the following:
a. The continued stay of the foreign national may result in damage to the interest of the industry or the country;
b. The employment of the foreign national is suspended by the employer or by order of the Court."

5.  What happens if you are caught without an AEP?;
"A fine of Ten Thousand Pesos (P10,000.00) for every year or a fraction thereof shall be imposed on foreign nationals found working without an AEP or with an expired AEP."

A tourist Visa does not equal an AEP!

Thanks for that! Good stuff right there!

where i can apply this and get 6 months VISA to stay in ph

MeoMun wrote:

Does anyone know?
Thank you!

I believe you need exit clearance if you have been in the country for 6 months or more if you have ACR...However, this is the Philippines where PESO is king and by having an ACR card you may need the clearance even after 1 day if you have and ACR card...One person may tell you one thing while another tells you the opposite...Its has happened time and time again...

I have also come to the conclusion if you are legally married to a Filipino citizen and you must travel abroad more than once a year and you do not live next to Intra Muros, Manila then why even get an ACR Card...It will be cheaper to get 2 to 6 months extensions on your visitors visa at a "local Immigration Office"...The Travel, Hotel expenses to Intra Muros, Manila will be more than the ECC which costs nearly 7K pesos...WHY IS IT, A PHILIPPINE CITIZEN WHO IS AN APPROVED OVERSEAS FOREIGN WORKER IS ONLY CHARGED LESS THAN 500 PESOS FOR AN ECC...A foreigner who has a marriage ACR card is treated unfairly and like a second class citizen...It is like he is being punished and penalized for being married to one of their citizens...It is real BS and discrimination for a foreigner who invest their money in the country, takes care of spouse and family and then is charged such OUTRAGEOUS SUMS of money just to go abroad to visit his relatives or business abroad...Just unf*****believable....So with that being said; if you DO NOT PLAN TO TRAVEL ABROAD at all than the ACR Card is the way to go

PESO IS KING...I wonder what they would do if all foreigners would just boycott the Philippines and send a letter as to why to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...They would be in a total panic and start treating us foreigners much better by cutting all the RED TAPE BS, being our presence is so important to their economical success...

MeoMun wrote:

Does anyone know?
Thank you!

I have also come to the conclusion, if you are legally married to a Philippine citizen and you must travel abroad MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR and you DO NOT LIVE next door to Intra Muros, Manila...Why even get an ACR card...It will be cheaper to get two to six month extensions on your visitors visa at a Field Office..THE TRAVEL, HOTEL EXPENSES to Intra Muros, Manila WILL BE MORE THEN THE "EXIT CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE" which comes to almost 7K pesos...

IN THE PHILIPPINES HAVING A MARRIAGE ACR CARD YOU ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY AND NO DIFFERENT THAN A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN..A Philippines citizen Overseas Foreign Worker going abroad needs an ECC for a cost of less than 500 pesos...It is real BULLSHIT if a foreigner who invests his money in the country, takes care of a his Filipina wife and family, is charged such outrageous sums...IT'S LIKE YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR JUST BEING MARRIED TO ONE OF THEIR PEOPLE...If you plan to do NO travel abroad than the ACR card would be the way to go, otherwise visitor visa extensions is best...

PESO IS KING...