Applied my wife dependant pass !

I have applied my wife dependant pass on 17th dec,2013. still its not issued. How many days generally it takes to receive kenyan dependant pass ??? I am a valid work permit holder in kenya

Hi prasantaca,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Nairobi Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you and good luck with everything :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi Prasantaca,
We applied for my wife's dependants pass early September 2013! We have been to ask if it is ready, the answer is usually "give it a week"  :) . And for myself I applied for Alien Pass mid July after I received my Work Permit - still not ready! Good luck!

Carsten

After applying dependant pass my wife can stay in the country ??? becuase she had on arrival visa of 3 months so after 3 months also she can stay I think if dependant pass already applied . Pls advise

My husband applied for me dependent pass and I got it in 5 working days . Thu he is a Kenyan.

Hi Hani,
5 days is really quick unless they have improved.Is there a secret to get it that soon?
Rgds,
A

Hi My wife on arrival visa is expiring on 28th March,2014. We have applied for her dependant pass on 17th dec,2013 but still I have no received. So till 28th March,2014 if I will not receive dependant pass for my wife, she have to leave the country ?? or else any other registration is possible to stay in the country. Pls advise.

Hi,

Myself Tapan, planning to go to Kenya. I want to know the cost of dependent pass. I want to take my spouse and two kids along with me. Can you pls advise me on the charges front and its validity?

Waiting for your reply.

Dependants pass=ksh 5000 ,so roughly USD 63
Please refer to this link if necessary> >http://www.immigration.go.ke/index.php? … Itemid=128

Thanks for the info.

Just want to know , my work permit has already been approved. For my family , will I have to applied for dependent pass or resident permit ? Company is saying about resident permit .
Waiting for your reply.

Hi,

Do I need to give some security bond along with the pass fees ?

Waiting for reply.

Hi,
She can extend her visa for another 3 months as you wait for the application for dependant's approval

My husband was able to get my dependants pass within a week also (but he is also Kenyan). They advised him it *should* take 6 weeks but he hurried them by talking to the right people. A friend of mine took 3 months and she was here while her visa expired being told she can stay in as long as it's applied for. It depends who you talk to, everyone has different rules it seems.