Permanent Visa for a Sri Lanka Monk

Is there anything like a permanent visa. I have a teacher, a monk from Sri Lanka who need to travel to and fro. Right now he can only get short term visiting visa, which only lasted just 3 months. It's a bit of hassle that every time when he is needed to be here and again he had to go thru those long waiting process and only to get rejected. I look into the Immigration website, it only stated the short term, long term(6month), those for business investor which need minimum USD 2 million Fixed Deposit (FD) in Malaysia, student visa, and working permit. I don't know which one does he belongs to. Pls advice

Perhaps he could contact one of the temples in the Brickfields area and see if they can help him. Being a religious teacher in Malaysia, which is an Islamic country, is probably difficult. He does not fit into any of the categories unless he is employed and works when he is in Malaysia, i.e. receiving a salary. Sri Lankans can be foreign workers in some sectors though. There is no such thing as a permanent visa only permanent residency - and that is very hard to obtain.

This might explain the latest rejection - http://www.imi.gov.my/
Look at main-services/syarat-kemasukan-ke-malaysia/prohibited-immigrant

For info about foreign workers:
http://www.mida.gov.my/
env3/index.php?page=employment-of-foreign-workers

Thank you very much for the advice, seems that one of the Chief did help along, by providing an agent's number. But before that my teacher too went thru few agents but still in vain.By 'agents' mean pay more money. Maybe it's because of the overflowing illegal immigrant issues here so they are abit strict about granting even an long term entrance.So i thought to take this case my own. I do wanna know if anyone happens to have the sme situation, or already granted a PR, so i can really have some info and advice

Don't even dream about a PR - it is only given in certain cases, such as to the spouses of Malaysians who are married to foreigners. There are some other cases for business men and women who have invested in Malaysia and live and work here over a period of time.

But don't use agents as they just take money and push papers.  In fact, by now one of them should have told you that you can make a special appeal to immigration to allow a longer visit permit. 

By making an appeal you will bring the situation to the highest level and get a proper answer to how the Monk could continue his ministry in Malaysia under agreed terms.  It is probably the best chance. Have you spoken to the Buddhist Associations here and asked for their help?  I guess the Monk who is head here in Malaysia must have a visa??

Yeah, no PR unless it's some very highly demanded big shot, but i think it's ridiculous to take so long for even a 3months visa, Did try to call putrajaya the visa dept, as usual our typical malaysia service, no one pickup the phone

You need to get the Temple or School to write a letter and make an appeal for a longer social visit visa - phoning is not the way. I know that special circumstances are taken into consideration.  I will try and get some contacts from someone who has been successful in appealing a visa decision.

This is the information I have received to make an appeal:

Putrajaya immigration office
Application is done on the 7th floor
Proof of financial support is required
Valid health insurance for Malaysia

Thank you so much for the info and help, will try to get those documents and stuff ready before heading to putrajaya

A Buddhist Monk holding Vietnam passport would like to stay in Malaysia for the purpose praying for some Chinese and Vietnamese family that have family member or friend or relative pass away,the monk will  pray for them 49  days and every year on their death ceremony day!
and every day the monk pray so many times for every one in the world get peace and healthy!
- So may i know what Visa the Monk should apply to stay for long term in malaysia?
- And how much is the fee charges please?
Thank you and i hope to get your reply in your soonest
Nguyen B.Loan
012-7856280
[email protected]