House security

Does anyone know where I can purchase window guards (plastic or metal) for my house which is unoccupied for lengthy periods? Haskovo region or Plovdiv.

Hi welcome to the forum ..Icant help but I hope someone else can were looking to move out this spring hope you get sorted

I cant answer your question but would strongly advise against plastic as it can be opened using a cigarette lighter. Any window and door security needs to be very carefully anchored - I've seen a steel grill removed from its mountings in under three minutes using a knife. Problem ws that it was anchored in cement only three inches deep and that is simply not good enough!

Hello thanks anyway. Good luck with your move have you been to Bulgaria before?

Hello
Thanks for the information I think metal window shutters are the best option assuming I can find a supplier for them.
I was considering fitting plastic guards inside the window which would hopefully protect the house if the glass is broken.

Metal windows shutter won't prevent thieves if they really want to get in.... they will. The best thing you could do is to "pay" one of your closest neighbours to take care of your house while you are away & simulate presence (timer etc).... or off course to pay the services of a COT company.

I appreciate any advice if it helps to prevent criminals from breaking into property. I think metal guards are a good detterant
and I have already installed some. I intend doing whatever I can to safeguard my house. I would like to think that most Bulgarians are not out to steal from foreign owned properties but I already know there are some who will.
Do you own a house in Bulgaria - and if so you will understand how time consuming and expensive it is to protect an unoccupied property.

My advice to you is speak to your local SOT company. You CANNOT do this on the cheap, especially in a remote location. SOT and security shutters is a MUST. It is NOT expensive compared to the UK.

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I don't know what SOT stands for? I have fitted metal bars to 2 windows which are to the side of the house and plan to install another 3 for windows inside the walled perimeter. I intend to reinforce the main door too with steel and have already worked for 6 days (most of my last week there) improving the fencing and fitting CCTV cameras.
Once the house is secured better I hope to spend a more relaxing week over there, as I hadn't planned on so much work just keeping thieves at bay!

Hi just like spain trust no one any one

@Adrianwdavies1964

After 10 years he's probably already discovered that.....1f600.svg

Hi, except for the SOT it is always good to make friends with the neighbours who would keep an eye for you