I'm looking for a native english teacher !

Hello ,

I'm Greek and I would like to improve my oral skills in english , for that reason I'm looking for a native speaker teacher .
I would appreciate any help .

Thank you
Rania

Rania,I have taught structured conversation lessons for some years here in Athens from teenagers;doctors;civil engineers;teachers, to a very clever little Russian girl,I am in Egaleo.My rates are reasonable as I appreciate that people are having a hard time at the moment and having do a lot with only a little money.I am very interested in literature and took an English A level course in literature and language a few years back,I also write poetry.I like my lessons to be happy and interesting.from Concertina

Hi Rania :-)

I trust that you are well?  My name is Ronelle Avril Jacobs and I live in Cape Town.  I leave for Greece next month for 3 months.  In what form are you looking to learn English eg. via skype, in person etc?  I will be in Chania.

Regards, Ronelle

Hi,I am an an Australian English Language teacher and I have been teaching English in Athens for the past 20 years.
Regards,
Thomi

Hi there,

I would teach you, no problem, but I'm in Crete, you see. I hope you come right, though. All of the best!

Greetings,

Dino.

:-)

y

Hello Rania,

I recently moved to Athens from San Francisco and plan to stay here for a while. I am not sure exactly what you're looking for, but if you live in Athens that would make for a good start, so let me know. I also speak fairly good greek!

I am a retired teacher and came to Athens to do a language course. I think I might like to stay!  Can anyone tell me where to get advice on Greek law for taxation and how it works?
Thanks in advance.
Joan

Sorry, Rania, I've posted my question by mistake on yours!
Good luck in your studies!
Joan Doreen

Hi Doreen,

My flip advice would be good luck!  :)
….because it seems the rules keep changing here everyday!

But my more serious one would be to connect with your embassy. Mine (US) has plenty of info on-line for everything I have needed. I suppose nothing stops you from looking up the US embassy but ur status should be different as an EU member ...of sorts!

Thank you very much!

hello,Rania,
I'm a native English speaker and I own my own language school.I have been teaching English for 35 years,here  in Greece. I have taught from young children to university professors and doctors .If you are interested  ,reply

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you go to Expat Forum and look through various postings,you will find this subject talked about in some depth,there are also many official sites explaining up to date information,I wish you well in your stay here,from Concertina

I already replied to your post so you could refer to it  but here is another go at it with a little more detail:

Hello Rania,

I recently arrived in Athens from CA and expect to stay here a while. I am not a teacher by profession, but I have been just recently involved in proof reading text intended for teaching english as a foreign language and I think I am pretty good at helping greeks with english because I have had a lot of real world experience! I am rather fluent in Greek as I have lived here b4 and know what to look for and deal with.

I am not sure what you're looking for but if its just a casual sort of thing where we meet and talk and i help you with syntax and pronunciation, perhaps idioms and slang in a loose kind of environment, I just might be able to help you, provided you live near the center of Athens. If this sounds like what you are looking for, reply and we can take it to the next level….

hi Rania I live in the UK and Im happy to help you with English. Via email skype or phone. Peter.

Hello Thomi i"m Maria im interested in Oral english lessons do you live in nothern suburbs?

@ Maria-nefeli > I invite you to post your search in the Language classes in Greece section as this topic is a very old one and you might not receive any feedback.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Closed