Move to UBUD

I'm thinking about move from Jakarta to UBUD, im thinking now about , how much money i need to earn for a month (i live on simple lifestyle mode and vegetarian).  And what the interesting "thing" i can get if i live in UBUD..?

One more, maybe any information about small flat/kost with AC, kitchen inside around monkey forest / hanuman or walking distance from there..?

share your experience :)

First off, forget about AC in Ubud.  You won't need it.  I've survived very nicely without it for over 15 years and I came here from New England.  Maybe three to five days a year you'll wish you had more than a ceiling fan, but that's not worth paying extra, (IMHO).

As an Indonesian you can find quite a lot of "locals only" places to stay all along Jalan Hanuman and Jl. Monkey Forest.  They are rented out by word of month only, and bules are generally not allowed to occupy them (with few exceptions).

Poke your head into most any shop on those streets and ask.  Or, on Jalan Monkey Forest, ask to find Pak Purpa (Ubud's "godfather") as he is the most connected Balinese in Ubud and can eaily guide you.   If you find Pak Purpa tell him his brother Roy suggested you seek him out. 

Another thing you can do is to connect with my sister and best model, Maey Basri.  Again, your can tell her that I suggested you contact her:  https://www.facebook.com/maeybasri.bali

You can also ask Maey "what's so special" about Ubud, because for me to answer that question would take way, way, way too long!

Good luck!

Cheers, Roy