Menonite houses on Caye caulker

Hi can anyone tell me if they know of a Mennonite home builder that does this on Caye caulker island? I have heard good things about Linda vista but they only build on the mainland.

Hi Cayegal,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I heard Pletts Home Builders will deliver to Cayes but I just read their website & it says only mainland. So I'm confused, I need to know also if anyone is building on CC, please. Thx!

Pletts say they have to build on site in the cayes "at extra cost" so could lose any economic advantages it has over local builders on the mainland.

Oh I see, will that make sense.  Do you know of any reputable builders from the mainland that will build a custom home on CC? At a reasonable price? It will be a very small home. Lol.
I have the names of AJ construction and towbar construction. Have you heard anything about them good or bad? Thx!

I'm sorry, AL Construction.

Towbar is another Mennonite house company, I think Cieba build also

Erix Tobar is Belizean (not Mennonite). He has a house building yard at Iguana Creek, half way between Blackman Eddy and Spanish Lookout.  Currently he is out of business.

That's interesting, I just got an email from Tobars asst manager saying that they could help!

Good Luck.  I bought one of his houses 9 months ago.

I've received a couple replys back now from different builders. Now the research begins!

We are currently starting to build on Caye Caulker, maybe we could share info......I have a builder!

Platts will build, but you have to house their workers!

I know this is an old thread, but I wondered whom you ended up using and if you were happy with your build.  I am about to begin building on AC.

Thanks!
-Aimee