Laundry, Ironing and Dry wash charges and facilities in PJ

hello
Can anybody educate me on the laundry system in KL/PJ. I will be having washing machine and will do the wash and dry at home, but how about getting the clothes ironed?

What facilties are available?
What are charges? I have budgeted around RM 80 per month  - around 60 pieces per person - for ironing. Is is ok?
Thanks

Hello,

You may find laundry services around KL. They are not that difficult to find. Laundry services are usually done in shop lots, where they are usually named Kedai Dobi - "Laundry Services" in Malay language (Bahasa Malaysia). However, I am not quite sure about the rates. I might be wrong, but I think you can get cheaper rates at these local laundry services. Try asking around your neighborhood. I hope you can get much more decent responses.

Business shirts are hand-washed, starched if required, and ironed for RM5 per piece. My experience is that it does not work to wash your own clothes and get them ironed as the items get too creased for good ironing results.  Better to hire a maid to just come and iron once or twice a week at about RM20 per hour. Or just be selective about what is ironed and get the dobi to wash and iron say just shirts and sheets.  A tumble drier is essential during the rainy season, as it is impossible to dry clothes on some days. Rewashing stinky clothes is soul-destroying.  Use the washing liquids with anti-bacterial attributes to avoid problems (this also goes for dish washing products).