Post Graduation in NZ and job prospects in IT

Hello Everyone..

I'm from India and am considering post graduation in NZ in Computer Science. I have completed in Bachelors in Engg in IT and have a little more than 4 years of experience working as a software developer in an MNC mainly product development and support.
I had a few questions :
1. What are the job prospects in IT after doing a post graduate diploma in Computer Science in NZ currently and few years down the line?
2. Will my previous job experience in India be considered while applying for jobs in NZ?
3. In spite of pursuing further education NZ  will it be harder for me to find a job compared to locals?
4. I understand there a lot of Indians who pursue higher studies in NZ. Can anyone please share their experience ? struggles or otherwise.

Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi StriderX,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to browse through the articles regarding the labour market and the legal framework in New Zealand which might be helpful.

The section IT & Telecommunications jobs in New Zealand is at your disposal and you can even post your CV.

Have you tried doing some research on the internet to find out which companies that are hiring right now?

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

striderx

Check out www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information and applications.

I would say that if you undertake a course in NZ and pass, this will make it easier for you to get a job in NZ.
You can work part time on a student visa so you could work for an IT firm to further enhance your chances of a job later on.