Bahrain work Visa not cancelled while exiting the country

Hello, I was employed with a large organisation in Bahrain for a period of 3 months before, I had to return to India due to family constraints. I travelled to India applying a leave; hoping I would be able to get back in a couple of weeks time but I had to resign from India via a email to my reporting Manager. I checked online on the LMRA website that within a couple of months my employer cancelled my work visa.

Will I be able to visit  Bahrain again in future on a visit/tourist or work visa; as there is no Visa cancellation stamp on my passport when i exited the country ? :(

Yes you will be. Don't worry.

Thanks a lot.
But, I am just wondering if the cancellation stamp in the passport necessary or is it the same as visa being cancelled online ? How does the immigration officer at the Bahrain airport know ?

They should check the records rather than just relying on the stamps on your passport.

The stamp on the passport is not important. What's important is your status in the LMRA records. If this says your work visa is cancelled, then nothing to worry.

Thank you. The other doubt I have is are Residence Permit and Work Visa are two different things ?
As my passport has a valid Resident Permit on the page next to the VISA;  the Visa is been cancelled online , having a vald Resident Permit would be a problem for my future visit ? Would it clash if a new employer or a hotel tries to get me a visa ?

If you have two entries on your passport, then you are under the older system where the Residence Permit and the Work Visa are two separate documents and handled by two separate government bodies. You may have to check with your former employer if the old RP has been properly cancelled.

Under the new system, both of these are in one document. Cancelling one also cancels out the other.

So the question to you is, do you have two (old style) blue stamped entries on your passport or a one page (greenish) sticker?

Farhaz, I have the blue stamps in my passport. But as to what I know anyone who enters Bahrain on a work Visa gets these stamped at the airport during immigration and the sticker you mentioned is only pasted during the renewal of RP, am I right ?
So now how do I find out if both are cancelled or if they are the same as I entered Bahrain in 2013 and I belive the new system was in place by then.

If you arrived here in 2013, and have the green sticker on your passport then you are on the new system. Hence you can safely assume that your status is fully cleared in the system, if they have cancelled it here.

Thank you Farhaz,  I am confused though, as there are no stickers stuck in the passport at the airports,they dont have that facility, they only provide handwritten stamps (in 2013!!!)

So how do I know the status ?

The immigration authorities at the airport stamp your visa with the usual blue stamp upon your arrival. The "sticker" is not stuck at the airport. Its done later at the LMRA once you work visa is processed.

The "two" entries I wrote about earlier are from the pre-LMRA era, which continued for sometime after that as well - where you have a Residence Permit on one page and Re-entry visa on another page. This procedure was done away with and now everyone has just the green sticker.

I have the same worries,, i left bahrain last december and my employer didnt cancels my visa , and promised me it will be cancelled soon after i left bahrain,, but 8 months have passed,,and when i checked my online status at lmra,, my visa is not cancelled and i still have a valid working visa fully updated,, now can i still comeback to bahrain? Since i am fully aware that my contract to them is already finished,,, and now im planning to come back and im worried that my tourist visa application will be denied,, and what should i do,, can i still comeback to bahrain without informing my past employer ? Pls help ,, thanks

I am an Indian national currently working in Bahrain. Now I received an job offer from Oman and I would like to join there;
My current employer in Bahrain is not ready to give me exit from Bahrain. So is it possible to get Oman work visa without cancelling my Bahrain work visa?

dear arunvadakepatt,

You can, but hopefully your employer will not raise the issue with LMRA and put you on blacklist, I have been hearing that there is a rule for joint GCC blacklist which is under discussion, if it comes into rule then you may be in trouble. According to Bahrain labour law you need to give a notice period specified according to you offer letter.

Hope you make the right decision, good luck!

T&R
Arjun

I have the same issue also i can come back or no my work visa is not cancelled

rijul,

please read my previous comment.

T&R

Hi!i have a question.Your answer will be much appreciated. I have an entry visa stamped on my passport,the consulate told me that it is only to revalidate the work visa that was sent via  online. But the agency whose working with my documents is questioning that stamped on my passport. Will the entry visa stamped can affect my exit here in Philippines?or will I have problem in entering Bahrain?please..please answer..thanks in advance

Hello, I have question, i'm on probation period in Bahrain end now i'm in  termination process and company ask me give them my passport for cancellation visa. Question : Do they need  my passport for it. Or they can do it without. Thank you

They can terminate your work permit without passport . But for cancelation stamp on Visa they will ask your passpprt And the same time you will get 30 days visa to stay in bahrain , in this period you may go lmra for mobility intention & look for new employer If you don't want to leave the country.

:/

Alex87lom wrote:

Hello, I have question, i'm on probation period in Bahrain end now i'm in  termination process and company ask me give them my passport for cancellation visa. Question : Do they need  my passport for it. Or they can do it without. Thank you

Thanks;), understand

I have same issue to u ..i want to ask only if u come back already in bahrain??

Dheszielee wrote:

I have same issue to u ..i want to ask only if u come back already in bahrain??

This is a very old post.
Unlikely the original poster will see this and respond.

Hi i came to work in baharain on 6th September 2016 and I resigned from my job and during my  exit from bahrain my visa is not cancel on passport.  And I got job in dubai but my bahrain visa is still not . It's going to make trouble for me in getting uae visa .

Hi,

Not sure whether it is going to create any issues to get an UAE visa, but i am sure you will not be able to come back to Bahrain if your employer has black listed you.

T&R

I give proper resignation and pay him for my visa and  flight ticket.

Hopefully he will do as promised.

Good luck.

Vtyagi58 wrote:

Hi i came to work in baharain on 6th September 2016 and I resigned from my job and during my  exit from bahrain my visa is not cancel on passport.  And I got job in dubai but my bahrain visa is still not . It's going to make trouble for me in getting uae visa .

Don't worry, my fatter also holds 2 work permit on his passport USE & Bahrain . Once your visa approved and printed nobody can do  much ,
Even you resigned or not from previous employer in bahrain , Dubai government will not mind , And one more thing Nowadays Bahrain government stopped believing Black listed requests from the employer once they see employee already exit the country .. 😂😂

but to cross check visit (LMRA bh )

Is there any way to return back to India with out informing the employer..??

Frustratedindian wrote:

Is there any way to return back to India with out informing the employer..??

I believe your question has been answered in the other thread already.

The company make me to cancel my visa whether i go to india or i had some grace period in bahrain

You will have 30days grace period after cancellation.

T&R

I am in india iam exit from bahrain last week but my company dint cancell my visa how can i cancel my visa but i had a sponser in bahrain in new company wether i go back to bahrain in same visa and make cancel the visa in bahrain by visiting the lmra wether it is possible

Hi
Check the status of your visa here : https://services.lmra.bh/expatportal/login.php

T&R

I checked but it is valid employment visa only my visa is not cancelled

Your current employer has to cancel it there is not other way you can cancel it. It is better to speak to your employer and get the matter settled or else they may be issues later on.

Now i cannot go to baharin now

It will depend you can go to Bahrain, but if there is any issue they will send you back from the airport, so i am suggesting you speak to your employer first and then travel.

Ok thanks but in lmra my visa shows only valid visa

Its your call, since you told your no longer working with your old employer, that's why i am asking you to be cautious,.

Now can i go to bahrain