New To Astana

Hi I just arrived in Astana three days ago with my husband. He will be working here and I just wondered if there are any British Womens groups or International Womens groups for trailing wives/spouses to meet for coffee, lunch, book club, mah-jong etc. Looking forward to exploring Astana with some new friends.

Hello Pimms

There is actually an international club here. I arrived last August but I never attend the meeting every Wednesday. I am not British but I married one :) if that's okay with you,we can meet up.

Which side of the river are you in?

Hi Lilie Rachelle
Thanks for making contact it would be great to meet up and hear all about your experiences of settling in to Astana. I am on the right side of the river at the moment but frantically looking for apartments this week, would love to meet up next week if you have time look forward to meeting you :)

Welcome to Kazakhstan.
Mah-Jong is an interesting game that will both keep your mind active and a social-able game. Not sure how many of the ex-pats community can play the game thought. However there are a fair amount of Chinese resources companies in Kazakhstan.

Hello Primms,

Astana International Club is the name of the program.

I tried to contact the lady who organises the "Newcomer Program" but I didn't hear back from her  yet.

Let me know if you have any info so then we can meet there

Enjoy your evening

Lilie

Hi Lilie
There is a coffee morning tomorrow at The Radisson 10-12. I Thought I`d go along, it would  be lovely to see you there.

Oh God, Hello

I'm sorry I didn't see your message until now :(

I'll try again next week if there is any?

Lilie

No worries its on again the week after next. Runs every two weeks.

There is the Astana International Club that has all those activities. The mail address is  [email protected].

(Moderated: Please post in the section jobs in Astana)