Cost of living And Visa procedures

Hi! I am Indian origin, I have received job offer in Muscat, and the salary is RO800 +2 bed room accommodation+ annual ticket for wife and 1 kid. I would like to know answers for the 3 questions:
1. Whether savings can be done from this salary? after paying school fees + medical expenses+Cost of living @ medium standard.
2. After reaching muscat, can my wife search for a job and gets job what is the procedure to follow.
3. Can i sponsor my Mother with my salary scale, or what is the procedure to sponsor my mother.

Thanks

well 800 OMR is just manageable with savings, in that case u have to save more than you spend. so far as your wife is concerned it is not very easy to find a job like any other country ...if noly she is lucky enough.

Thanks basabdutta, What is the Visa formalities if my wife gets a job and what is the visa procedure to sponsor my mother in Oman

well for your mother am not sure, since your wife and child will get the preference of dependent visa. you need to ask the company concern which is hiring you.

hi, welcome. your salary is a very decent one. the 2 BHK apartment is company provided or rent will be deducted?
in muscat the rent are too high, if the company provides your free accommodation with this salary is really good.
cost of living is bit high and it depends on your life style.the saving potential depends on schooling,transport and household expenses.again it depends on you.
getting a job for your wife is not so easy but more possibility if she is a teacher than any other profession.since most of Omani ladies working getting jobs is hard.
sponsoring your mother is a possibility, depends on your sponsor.there is a procedure, like you need to provide an medical insurance and evidence of dependency and so on, at last your sponsor has to agree.
anyway welcome on board BRO.

Thanks abusamir, informative reply. Furnished accommodation is provided by the company no rent or charges is debited for the same from salary. My wife is not a teacher , she is banking background she had couple of years experience in Dubai in the same field. Regarding visa for my mother, could you kindly explain me briefly, as i checked with my hiring company they had refused because as a company they do not have policy to sponsor parents, however they mentioned that i can sponsor them with my expenses. How do i go about?

- What are the average living cost for 2+3 family?
- How are the rents for a 2 BHK appartment in Muscat?
- My all 3 children are school going how much it will cost?
- What abt grocery?
- Utilities?

@ Ali2004: The common courtesy would be to say thank you and please  :dumbom:

Catnetware wrote:

Thanks abusamir, informative reply. Furnished accommodation is provided by the company no rent or charges is debited for the same from salary. My wife is not a teacher , she is banking background she had couple of years experience in Dubai in the same field. Regarding visa for my mother, could you kindly explain me briefly, as i checked with my hiring company they had refused because as a company they do not have policy to sponsor parents, however they mentioned that i can sponsor them with my expenses. How do i go about?

Dear Brother,
You can not sponser your family, unless your "Basic salary" is OMR 600 in your contract letter. This is as per the Oman law for the family sponsership visa. If your company has refused to sponser the parents visa, there must be a basis on it, else usually the employers have no constraints in sponsoring the same. So just check and reconfirm with your employer whether even you can sponser your parents or not ?

Secondly, in the banking sector, unfortunately the Omanization ratio is almost 95% and its a hard task to get a job. Fingers crossed, you never know when the luck knocks the door !!!

Best of luck.