I love Ecuador

I just got back form my second trip in Guayaquil and I already miss it. Esp the food, I think I can pollo y arroz tiempo el todo. I even had more fun the second time than first and actually met a bunch of new friends. Making plans to go back already.

Ecuador is wonderful, but anything is wonderful when you don't have to be there if you get my jest.  If you are not forced to stay, or go, it is always more fun or if your young and your body does not hurt, or your here because you don't have to be, all of this changes your prospective, I have noticed.  Do you get it all this changes how you feel about Ecuador or any place.
I had a surprise Birthday Party my first for both and I didn't expect it and I realized I did it all wrong my life could have been smarter it was not the money never was, not  the places been every where Rome to Eygpt, it was so much more and I didn't do it right.  I should have had a lot more children the more to love the better, I should have taken better care of my body, I should have taught my one child (mistake) more about love and loving deeper with it and deication and family and never giving up on family.  That o we always go back for men/family saying the one Obama gave up welll I should have taught that one better to my son.   I thought I did since I took care my parents till they died but he didn't notice.  I should have spoken up told him why we do that way we take care our own. I thought my son was watching looking but he was not seeing though his eyes.   My husband says it doesn't matter now its done God will take care it because you either have that World War II Heart or you don't you either instinctively know or your lost...my husband has it deeply.  I write this with great disappoint in me.  But I look at my birthday and see many Seniors sadden they have failed in teaching this to their children and their children are not in their lives and they are not calling them emailing them or including them.  They are excluding them.   These tough seniors say its ok they love Ecuador or Rome or London or Austriala but they would rather have a call.  No the grass is not greener.  And the places don't look better and its only the people within them and the friends that gather.  We will not be ever going home but the new friends are wonderful not taken casual as years go by they are everything they are like a new family and have become extremely important  I saw in China the seniors sued their children for not emailing and they one ha I wondered what did they win???  Can you win??  And we have something in common??  The court gave these 10 seniors the children even though adults must contact their parents every 3 months by email and letter
or they will be fined heavy contact by phone so many times a year. Sad Forced Not Love and then I say the China Seniors Picture Worn out Seniors in Wheel Chairs no smiles sitting high proud alone it sad a lot.  We were the same with the exact problems in different worlds.  t societies same problems wow.  We can run so far but look at the hard working people and look at them wow. My son once said "its hard to watch you grow old" humm  So we run to Ecuador it will be different here.

I'm not a senior. I'm only 31 and I don't have any kids. Ecuador isn't perfect but its perfect for me

I read your blog with it's underlying tones of anger, frustration and guilt?!As well as the questions you raise as to how you taught your one and only child. I like you am close to being a senior although to me it's just a number and frankly most days I feel 35. The other days well I do feel 64. This is life, before starting, I am in and out of Ecuador because to me it a very nice place to hang my hat and just another one of a life's adventures. Many days it reminds me of what America was in the late 50's when it was emerging as a global economic giant. Unfortunately, the price for those ambitious plans have become to costly for an average American and before anyone MAKES THIS about something other then raising ones children PLEASE DON'T. We all love our countries! loving it's governing bodies and their policies is an another issue and should be argued elsewhere not here.
Simply put, unfortunately, we raise our children according to the rules we each were taught by our parents who in turn received their life lessons from their parents. Unfortunately, like all parents including most who read this they were wrong! Many continue to be wrong by attempting to instill in their kids what they believe to be correct since that's all they know based on their own parental indoctrination process. look, I loved my parents. Liking them is another issue. I say this for a number of reasons but if you're honest with yourselves you understand what it is I am trying to say here.
To me a very simple analogy here is this. As a former SGT and later an upper level executive when I hired any  individual and he or she fails usually forcing me to release him or he "I" not they have failed. Consider what it is I have said above about our parents teaching methods and their beliefs and methods and what they did or tactics used to make their points in rearing us. Like most parents today, they were wrong. Times and values change routinely. Why then don't parents recognize that what they're teaching their children may also fall into the category of obsolescence in using what Mon & Pop taught us.
You based on what you knew have done nothing wrong in raising your child, It's all you knew from your own parental influence. Your children become grown ups and regardless of our lessons they then have the ability to realize that mistakes mom and pop taught them. If they're really smart and strong they correct those mistakes and go their own way.
The only sage advice I have is to let them learn their own way. Steering occasionally with your kids is one thing but attempting to sail a vessel where it doesn't want to go usually results in a shipwreck. Kids are just like that boat and unless I now that the vessel or kid is headed for a doomed situation in spite of the pain let it happen. Remember, if it don't kill ya you become stronger.
Also, remember, kids are smart little people who's emotional skills and street smarts make them highly manipulative. An example might be Dad,, Mom said or reverse this to Dad,, Mom said. Just one example of many manipulations they use against you to gain their own ground.
Let's not be naive, they not only manipulate but they outright lie in the blink of an eye unless they're taught the pain of being caught in these lies whatever the reasons they're after.
You can lead em to water, you can't bend their necks without breaking it. And, we all must realize our parental jobs are  typically done well before for whatever reasons we want to let go of them. MOM's in particular are guilty of this apron string stigma.
If that times comes and they're still lazy, lying, seemingly unhappy and usually blaming everyone else for their misfortune try to remember unless you taught them this IT ISN'T YOUR/OUR fault. It's theirs and they've learned these lessons elsewhere and it's their problem to solve
WHEW, blah blah blah.
We've done our jobs and now if we're lucky they treat us as we want to be treated. Without being manipulated or lied to. A person we as parents can be proud of.
Sorry if my attempts to convey my thoughts are skewed but it's my parents fault I can't communicate.
Some humor,but we should live in Ecuador or any other place because you want to. Treasure your own educational travel growth and the findings that come with it. The children usually find their way out by themselves.
Let em be kids unless you know from your own experiences that they vessels direction is doomed. Even then, we as parents may still be wrong and those experiences we had may have changed.

Good luck,