It Gets Easier With Time!

when i first got here, it was tough and the one thing i forgot to pack on my way here was my friends and a decent amount of social life. being alone wasn't the issue  but the feeling of loneliness was hard to beat so like many of us i set out on a mission to make, find friends and it has been a roller coaster of a social life for me, one minute you meet way to many new people you don't know how to plan time for them. The next they are moving away from Kuwait to other countries or just back home. others you no longer have common base and just have a fall out, and then you are back to square one.

But what i have learn from all this is we all think that making friends in Kuwait will make it a more tolerable place but if you find your self saying goodbye more often than you have been saying hallo the feeling is worse than that of "boohoo look at me i have zero social life" so before you set out to build a social web that you might end up getting entangled in learn to be happy by your self.

Now i take a walk at the beach, sit at a coffee shop or restaurant with only a book or a cross word puzzle for company,go to the mall all by myself and its no longer an issue i do meet people have great conversations but the excitement i had when i first got here and this happened is in comatose.

So if you have a work-home-TV-eat-sleep type of life don't you worry it gets easier once you get used to it and if you get to the point where you  feel like this routine is making you go out of your mind do what i did hop on a jet ski full speed!...

Hi and welcome to the forum T.R.M!

Thanks for sharing.

Armand
Expat.com Team

I'm too social for it to get better with time. I've had friends for like 10+ years but then they found better opportunities somewhere else and here I am back to the same square one you talked about. But I'll just set out to find new ones and continue being the social guy that I am :)

Thanks Armand.....@ Justfedup (could have fooled me!) well what ever keeps your boat afloat!

T.R.M might i suggest paragraphing your deep text? it sounds very interesting but i keep getting lost in the lines :S

but i do get the gist of what you are saying ;) and that is all that matters. be happy with yourself, and life will fall into place.

hey Legacy hope its manageable now.....and thanks!

yes TRM, much better :D

i go to the movies by myself sometimes; movies i love to watch and that get me excited to the point of yelling out loud in the theater - there are only a few people i would share that with, and due to parking spot scarcity i opt to go to cinemas that are within walking distance of my house - and i love it :)