From Lebanon to USA

Hey my name is Rudolph, I am new on expat-blog from Lebanon  this is my last year in high school and I want to continue my education at USA I have some questions to ask: - what is the best state in USA to study at? - if work in USA, can I pay for the university and for living? - and the last question is what do I want and to do for the visa? Thank you

Best to contact a Us Embassy for visa information or a Google search may give you this.

You have to research colleges. Google colleges that offer the field of studies that you are interested in and go from there. I know many people who work while going to college including myself, but it is not easy. Also many jobs that are located on the campuses are related to work study/financial aid so you have to keep that in mind.

Cost all depends on where you go tuition wise and the type of city you will live in determines the cost of everyday items and rent.

You need an F-1 visa in most circumstances and need to find a SEVIS approved school.

Review this link:

http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search

The best state is whichever one has the school that accepts you.

MiaCulpa wrote:

The best state is whichever one has the school that accepts you.

And the best school is the school that is SEVIS approved, that you like and will issue you an I-20. Without these your search is pointless.

What kind of climate do you want to live in?
There is a lot of variety in the USA in terms of accents, climate, food and other things. I had a hard time understanding somebody from Mississippi. I grew up in Tacoma,, Washington.
You want to deal with poisonous snakes and cockroaches? There are poisonous snaked like Copper Heads and Water Mocasons in Louisiana and neighboring states. The cockroaches are bigger in Louisiana than Missouri though. I am partly joking but the Pacific Northwest states doesn't have cockroaches and poisonous snakes except for the Rattle Snake which is east of the Cascade Mountain Range. The climate is different between the coastal northwest and the interior.

Rick