Space expats???

There are people who prepare for the colonization of Mars and beyond.  :top:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Societyhttp://www.marssociety.org/homehttp://news.yahoo.com/mock-mars-mission … 39585.html

They will be the 'impossible expats' or 'expats of no return'.
Would anybody here choose to leave Earth never to come back?  :/

Not so long ago, no one in Europe knew the Americas existed.
Space is just one more place for the future.

Haha, I noticed these.
Speaking of Mars - there is also websites that is selling land on Mars and on the Moon. I just wonder, where did they buy land? From Marsians? LOL

magnus wrote:

Haha, I noticed these.
Speaking of Mars - there is also websites that is selling land on Mars and on the Moon. I just wonder, where did they buy land? From Marsians? LOL

:D  No, it's not 'land', it's virtual land.  Only the money to pay the price is real.  :lol:
There is no Marsian or Moonist from whom to buy land. This situation is perfect scenario for space pioneers, kind of similar to what happened in the Americas in the 1600's ...

I was wondering how will the early Mars settlers ('impossible expats') get paid salaries and what shopping-mall will they go to???   :/

Hello Sir,

One day it might be possible,and people will be travelling from one planet to others and expats will say i am from earth...

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Sir,

One day it might be possible,and people will be travelling from one planet to others and expats will say i am from earth...

Regards,
Anil

Hello Anil,
Are you saying that Mars will be visited by creatures from other planets one day and people from Earth will say that they are Earthians?
Anil, you are a genius!  :lol:
Wow, this is something not even I thought about ...  :)

Hello Sir,

Why i said this today we have information of mars but before we know only name and before that we dont even know so i dont know how long it will take may be 100 years or 200 years but one day science will make it possible......but for the moment its very difficult...

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Sir,

Why i said this today we have information of mars but before we know only name and before that we dont even know so i dont know how long it will take may be 100 years or 200 years but one day science will make it possible......but for the moment its very difficult...

Regards,
Anil

Hi Anil,  :)
No, not in 100 or 200 years.
There is serious talk to put permanent people on Mars anytime between 2025 and 2030.
Reliable news about it could be found on the Net.
It is not about a permanent station where cosmonauts rotate every two years or so.

Keep in mind that on Earth there is always somebody in the background who works more or less in secrecy for noble causes and futuristic goals.
There is talk about billionaire David Cameron to mine asteroids for rare metals.  (Read here http://news.yahoo.com/asteroid-mining-v … VJQzFfMQ-- )
The promoters of permanent living on Mars most likely want young adults for candidates, and they surely have strict selection criteria.

I am sure you would not want a job mining asteroids, but would you leave Earth for good to live on Mars if the chance is available to you?

Will expat.blog also go to Mars? :o
'Mars Forum'?? :joking:

mal wrote:

Julien will reply for this :D

mal wrote:

Oh Mal,
There will be many, many forums ...
To get a good mental floss, just think about everything on Mars being totally different than on Earth: levitation, complete desert with no option to travel to an undeserted town, no easily going outdoors, metabolism changes, body changes (followed by mind changes???), ....

And not coming back to Earth at all?  :o

this is amazing

Hossa12 wrote:

this is amazing

Hello Hossa,  :)
Would you leave Earth for Mars never to come back?

:-) sometime i would like ;-)

I will never go to mars even if I will be paid with multi billion dollars  :o
I love earth and please dont try even to propose me to go out :sosad:
And I dont like their house plans too  :sosad::sosad:
And I will miss shopping too :sosad:

aryavrat wrote:

Oh No Anil.. he is lil busy these days with maintaining his outer look  :offtopic:
didnt you notice his new beard cut??  :offtopic: Dont tell anybody..  I will be :dumbom:

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Oh No Anil.. he is lil busy these days with maintaining his outer look  :offtopic:
didnt you notice his new beard cut??  :offtopic: Dont tell anybody..  I will be :dumbom:

Ok mal i will not, but this topic has something to think about .....where we are taking to man...

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Ok mal i will not, but this topic has something to think about .....where we are taking to man...

You said this and that, OK, but would you leave Earth for Mars never to come back?
Would you drop family, friends and all the earthly struggle just to help humans make a new step into the cosmos?  :/

Hossa12 wrote:

:)  sometime i would like  ;)

Hello Hossa,  :)
Mars does not seem to attract you.
You prefer to wait for space travels to another planet, right?  ;)

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

You said this and that, OK, but would you leave Earth for Mars never to come back?
Would you drop family, friends and all the earthly struggle just to help humans make a new step into the cosmos?  :/

Hello Sir,

No way, I am not leaving earth for mars,i was actually not known about this fact and you have opened my eyes through this topic  thanks, and the reason i said look where we are taking to man...whereas in this earth itself we have so much conflict , hate and differences now we are advancing one more step to create man from mars and man from earth.....

Regards,
Anil

Hello Mal,

You look very beatiful in this saree ....be careful you are attracting all the mars goer and they might feel taking you along with them ;)

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Mal,

You look very beatiful in this saree ....be careful you are attracting all the mars goer and they might feel taking you along with them ;)

I said once :sosad:  I dont go  :sick Until they will build shopping malls and supermarkets

How can you sell land/ground which is not yours?
This give me a very bad feeling.

To answer the question: I stay on this beautiful planet with all the defaults.
It's just a matter of time before people starts war on Mars. Because this is how people are.

Primadonna wrote:

Primadonna... do we own this earth? :unsure  Who are the owners of this earth? Present government?  :idontagree: Nope! we came to this earth for temporary basis. But we earn and spend money on buying properties. When they  go in Mars, first people will be the governors.  From the next generation, they maystart the buying and selling business  ;)

mal wrote:

I said once :sosad:  I dont go  :sick Until they will build shopping malls and supermarkets

Hi Mal,  :)
You can go at any time, but by then everything will be expensive and you will discover that you wasted time again on top of the already wasted time.  :)
Life has secrets Mal which do not reveal themselves to everybody ...  :dumbom:

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Mal,

Hello Anil, :)
Do you somehow suggest maybe perhaps as a likely remote possibility that Mal, without saree, is ugly?  :/

John C. wrote:

Do you somehow suggest maybe perhaps as a likely remote possibility that Mal, without saree, is ugly?  :/

:o with out...? :o:o

mal wrote:
John C. wrote:

:o with out...? :o:o

Mal,  :)
Here is my point.
It's not about YOU not being able to go shopping if you become stationed on Mars permanently.  It's about the help you could give to the giant step humanity is about to make.

One day you will wake up to a deafening silence. You look out at the window: no a person can be seen.
You call your boss: nobody answers the phone.  You run downstairs to go to work and see what happened: there is nobody on the streets, nobody is at work. Doors open, windows banging open with nobody to close them.
You go out on the street again, the Bank is open, the vault is open, you enter into the vault and get amazed to see the gold bars, the pile of cash and precious stones.  It hits you that something bad happened overnight. You wander through the streets; all the shops are open with nobody inside: you pick anything you want and keep going.  At the shopping mall you enter the luxury clothing store and try anything you want discarding your old clothes.  You even take all the cash out of the register.
You enter the jewelers store, try everything and settle for that Longiness wrist watch for US$100,000 plus a set of rings and most expensive gold bracelets, not to mention the most sparkling necklace.
Absolutely nobody stops you because there is nobody in the store, in the mall, on the streets. You call a friend in Canada: the phone keeps ringing.  You call all your friends: the phone keeps ringing but nobody answers because everybody left a few hours ago.

You will regret it when you are going to see all the people transferred to Mars and you living on the deserted planet Earth with no even a soul and with empty shopping malls where nobody attends to you.
You had an opportunity to go to Mars, but you refused it flatly.  This automatically attracts crying and sadness obe day for the opportunity which went away  …

(John C. to himself: when are Earthians going to realize that it's never about THEM or too little about THEM to really matter to somebody.  Everything boils down to what folks can do together).  :)

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Hello Mal,

Hello Sir,

Mal is beautiful whether she wears a saree or any other dresses / clothes....

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:
John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Hello Mal,

Hello Sir,

Regards,
Anil

Yes, but is she without the dresses?  :unsure

John C. wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
John C. wrote:

Hello Sir,

Regards,
Anil

Yes, but how is she without the dresses?  :unsure

John C. wrote:

Hello Sir,

Regards,
Anil

And do you think she put on the saree (or sari?) to go to Mars?  :unsure

Hello Sir,

Sir it depends on Mal whether she will be wearing sari or any other dress...Women have their own taste and style so we can leave it upon Mal what she decides...we will accept.

Regards,
anil

aryavrat wrote:

Hello Sir,

Sir it depends on Mal whether she will be wearing sari or any other dress...Women have their own taste and style so we can leave it upon Mal what she decides...we will accept.

Regards,
anil

Hi Anil,
No, she won't be able to do as she pleases. Mars is Man's planet and women will have to learn to comply with new space harsh rules.  There are no rules for discriminating against women on Mars, and there will be no Court House, jails or Judges for a long time so women will be more discriminated against than anybody else in retribution for what they did to us, Men, here on Earth.
No Martian woman will be able to do the fuss they do here on Earth, nor will they be able to spend the money as foolishly as down here, plus many other things which for now will remain undisclosed.
You and Mal have no idea how life on Mars will be.  For the first time in history Man will get a desert planet to beautify into a new paradise but I wonder how Man will succeed at changing Mars from bad to good when everything he did on Earth was to destroy it changing it from good to worst..
The future, NOT THE PRESENT, holds the answer and the miracle which never happened in the past.

By the way, I see you defend Mal too much these days, more than a regular expat would normally do.  Make sure your family in India does not read your posts here or you may end up sent to Mars much sooner that you thought ...  :/

It seems activity on Mars started to increase. Aliens show interest in the uninhabited planet at the same time Earthians make plans to go there.

Mysterious rock found by Mars rover: 'We were absolutely startled'
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-news/ … 12301.html

Which one of you put this rock on Mars?  :D

Hello Sir,

Right now it is very difficult to say wether alien or due to some other reason...

Regards,
Anil

News about Mars began to appear more and more often.
On occasion, I used to go over some of the readers' comments and a recurring theme to some of the news was that yahoo.com was manipulating public opinion.
With so many news about Mars, are we, the readers, being brainwashed again this time into space travels and Mars colonization?

Here is the latest article I found this evening.

Ancient Mars May Have Been Habitable for Hundreds of Millions of Years
http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-mars-may- … 36149.html

Some of you forummers may say what's the point of what Mars was good for.  Maybe we are made to believe that if the planet was habitable for x years many eons ago, then it might be habitable again.
My response to the article above is this: if Mars, or any other planet, has been habitable, it's because of existing conditions natural at that time in the past.
Can the planet become re-habitable if man intervenes?

Nature made vs. man-made, that's the issue.

Can man re-create habitability which Nature made and Nature ruined on other planets when here, down on Earth, man destroyed his home planet?

mal wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Primadonna... do we own this earth? :unsure  Who are the owners of this earth? Present government?  :idontagree: Nope! we came to this earth for temporary basis. But we earn and spend money on buying properties. When they  go in Mars, first people will be the governors.  From the next generation, they maystart the buying and selling business  ;)

Very long long long time ago there where not many people as it is today.
They wandered around and when they saw a place what they liked they settled down and started their life.
And more people join them. In this way emerged cities and villages. With no such things as property.
They invented it later.

Mars is from nobody and it is rude and arrogant to think that you can sell "property" that is not yours.
It seems that only money talks and they enrich themselves.

Primadonna wrote:
mal wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Primadonna... do we own this earth? :unsure  Who are the owners of this earth? Present government?  :idontagree: Nope! we came to this earth for temporary basis. But we earn and spend money on buying properties. When they  go in Mars, first people will be the governors.  From the next generation, they may start the buying and selling business  ;)

They wandered around and when they saw a place what they liked they settled down and started their life.
And more people join them. In this way emerged cities and villages. With no such things as property.
They invented it later.

Mars is from nobody and it is rude and arrogant to think that you can sell "property" that is not yours.

Hello Primadonna,  :)

Dutch people are famous for their buy & sell abilities. For centuries they faced the dangers of high seas to look globally for things to buy so they could sell them to buyers who want to buy.
To be successful, one must drop the dreadful working-class mentalities which stop at stomach logic.
To begin your spiritual transformation, you can 'buy' the right information about buying & selling at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Stock_Exchange

In 1637, at the peak of tulip mania, the Dutch sold the much praised black tulips for 10 times the annual salary of a craftsman.  If this was possible, rest assured there is nothing wrong with selling land on Mars although nobody at this thread mentioned he wants to sell or buy extra-terrestrial land.

Everything is for sale and everybody has a price.  :top:
Mars is the new frontier. For now. Space expats are eager to explore.  :)

John C. wrote:
Primadonna wrote:
mal wrote:

Primadonna... do we own this earth? :unsure  Who are the owners of this earth? Present government?  :idontagree: Nope! we came to this earth for temporary basis. But we earn and spend money on buying properties. When they  go in Mars, first people will be the governors.  From the next generation, they may start the buying and selling business  ;)

They invented it later.

Hello Primadonna,  :)

Dutch people are famous for their buy & sell abilities. For centuries they faced the dangers of high seas to look globally for things to buy so they could sell them to buyers who want to buy.
To be successful, one must drop the dreadful working-class mentalities which stop at stomach logic.
To begin your spiritual transformation, you can 'buy' the right information about buying & selling at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Stock_Exchange

In 1637, at the peak of tulip mania, the Dutch sold the much praised black tulips for 10 times the annual salary of a craftsman.  If this was possible, rest assured there is nothing wrong with selling land on Mars although nobody at this thread mentioned he wants to sell or buy extra-terrestrial land.

Everything is for sale and everybody has a price.  :top:
Mars is the new frontier. For now. Space expats are eager to explore.  :)

Thank you for your lecture but you wrote nothing new to me about the Dutch history.
I am not into money at all so I don't care.
There is one exception: I am priceless.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR