Architect Visa?

Hi,

I would be really glad and thankful if anybody could guide me sincerely on this. I am a professionally qualified architect and I have been recently taken on in a local firm in Bahrain. But I when I arrived here, I came to know that my visa falls under the "draftsman" category and under the LMRA.

Is this fair? or if not, which government department should my work visa come under? My salary is 400(Four hundred) BD. I still don't know the salary scale of architects working Bahrain. Any guidance in this regard will be much appreciated.

Hi

It shouldn't really matter what your visa says as long as you have one. LMRA controls all visa's so if you are worried then give them a call.

Sorry I can't advise on salary but BD400 seems low for somebody with such qualifications

Professions on visas can be messy at times. They generally do not matter unless you travel to other GCC countries frequently (having the word "Manager" helps with visas on arrival).

As for salary, I too  not sure about the pay scales in your profession.

Hello Asad,

Architect is a licensed profession in Bahrain which means that no body can work as an architect unless his degree and experience are recognized by the concerned ministry. To be licensed only your employer can file an application on your behalf. So i suggest you better talk to your employer.

Mostly for new employees, employers are unwilling to  file an application as licensing opens more opportunity for architects and they hop on other organizations for better salaries. But i have seen, once the employer has more trust in the employee and he shows his capabilities and expertise, he definitely proceeds for the procedures.

regards,