Inbox alert and view count

The new forum doesn't display a view count as the old did. Perhaps it's just vanity but I like to see how many people have viewed a thread.

Next up, I don't get notifications of PMs any more. I have to click on the user name link to see if I have any.

Hi mas fred,

We don't forget you, we're working on it!

Florent

I agree, view count is very important for threads. They also help Experts/Animators judge which issues are most important in their countries.

Hi mas fred,
We have added the count of views of the topics now.
Checking on the notifications of PM and will get back to you later.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Devo

Hi mas fred,
I have just checked and saw that in your privacy setting the box
'New messages & new contacts notification by e-mail ' is not checked and because of that you are not going to receive notifications of new messages or new contacts

You could edit your privacy settings to enable that, or just get back to me, if you want me to enable that for you.

Cheers,
Devo

Devo wrote:

Hi mas fred,

Thanks.

Cheers,
Devo

Excellent.
In my case, the view count is of interest because I want to see if anyone is still reading my ramblings in the Indonesia section but, as our esteemed friend in Brazil rightly says, we can also see what sort of topics are interesting to posters.

Thank you.

Devo wrote:

Hi mas fred,
I have just checked and saw that in your privacy setting the box
'New messages & new contacts notification by e-mail ' is not checked and because of that you are not going to receive notifications of new messages or new contacts

You could edit your privacy settings to enable that, or just get back to me, if you want me to enable that for you.

Cheers,
Devo

This is true. I gave it an offski because there were so many notifications, It was getting silly.
The thread default is subscribe and I always managed to forget to click the unsub box so got more email alerts on my phone than I care to remember.
The old version used to give a notification at the top of the page, this one does not; you have to click the arrow next to your user name.
I've taken to doing that when I open the forum so it's no major hassle, just a minor pain.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3668/11895493444_46f6a18aa3.jpg

Hi mas fred,
we are going to have a look at what we can do to improve the alert bubble.

Regards,
Devo

Devo wrote:

Hi mas fred,

Thanks.

Cheers,
Devo

Yes, duly noted for the past 3 days.
Thank you for your good work.  :top:

Devo wrote:

Hi mas fred,
we are going to have a look at what we can do to improve the alert bubble.

Regards,
Devo

The bubble alert still fail on PC and android,
Not complaining; just keeping you informed.

We've been working on this feature ; hopefully we'll release the improved version in the coming days ;)

Excellent.
I'm hardly great with the finer points of computer language but I fully realise it's not just a button press to make a button work.
Thanks.

I have several PMs this week, only one really strange one, so I know the new alert thingy is working.

Thank you to all concerned.

[Moderated: Avoid copy/paste on the forum.]

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR