Change of bus fares

I had a "little" discussion with a bus driver this morning who refused to sell me a ticket for 1.50€. He demanded a Maltese ID or me paying 2.60€. I've told him that I don't have a Maltese ID, but tried to explain him that the government wanted to make the same price for everyone. I also tried to explain him that I am the same human being as the Maltese.
Apart from that, I live, work and pay my taxes in Malta and even if I wouldn't, that doesn't make me different to anybody else. I know it's not entirely his fault, but it's frustrating. It's not even about few € more a less a year, it's just a matter of principle. Anyway, at the end I've got the ticket for 1.50€  :)

My question is, does anybody know when the by the government mentioned new fare adjustment suppose to take place? Or maybe it's already in place?

Thank you everyone.

I doubt anyone knows for sure when its to be official - as there has been plenty of talk but very little action

glad to see that you stuck to your guns and  got the correct rate

well done

According to today's online issue of the Times of Malta the same fare (1.50€) will be charged from coming Monday 6 th January. This was announced by Transport Minister Mizzi this morning.

Ricky

Thanks Ricky! That helps.

Here is the link btw. http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … saMfPRDtIk

And all just before we arrive, this is going to be a good year :D

I've always paid 1.50 just stood my ground if questioned explained my rights and with a bemused look they print a ticket.

:D

JayJay1970 wrote:

I've always paid 1.50 just stood my ground if questioned explained my rights and with a bemused look they print a ticket.

:D

good man