Looking to buy second furniture

Hi everyone,
I am moving to Jakarta with my husband and two kids and am looking for good condition seconds hand furniture.
I'm looking for a single bed, two queens, two sets of side tables, two chest of drawers, washing machine, TV and stand, coffee table.
Please message me if you have any of these items.
Thank you!!

The items listed are generally pretty cheap to buy new.
As for anything electronic, don't buy second hand.
Indonesians tend to make things last until they're totally buggered, so get new.

For beds, try all foam sofa beds. These things have no frame so are almost impossible to break and fold up into sofas so you have extra seating as required and are very easy to transport if you move house.
Some people have trouble getting used to the idea of no legs on the bed but they are very comfortable.
And they're cheap. 

I can post a number or link if you like the idea.

Thank you for the advice. Please send me link. Regards!

I'm unsure if this is the one we used but they look the same. This is in Tangerang area but I suspect you get one anywhere in Jakarta region.

http://www.tokobagus.com/iklan/sofabed- … 58882.html

Good price sofa and they will last. Most ITC malls like Ambassador have furniture sellers and I have bought all my furniture locally and cheap too and the quality is good. I got a sofa bed recently 160x200 and it arrived within 2 weeks brand new and for less than 1.5 million.
Forget second hand, buy new it is cheap

Washing Machine around 1.5 million
TV from 2 million
Wardrobes and tables try Carrefour or Hypermart, they are always having deals and on the weekend some have even bigger discounts and they will deliver to your house within a day or two and will even build the furniture if you ask nicely...

Tokobagus is a good place to buy things from as well.

Thanks kindly!

Carrefour  are always having sales.
Last in stock commonly goes at a silly cheap price.
We got a very nice microwave, brand new, for half price and our twin tun washer at 1/3 off, I forget the price but well less than a million.
We picked up that sofa bed a few months ago. The guys delivered on a motorbike as they are vacuum packed so look tiny when they arrive but turned into a full size double sofa bed when they released the thing from its plastic cage.
Its comfortable in both modes, sofa and bed.
We're about to move house so the ankle biter can go to a good school without much travelling and that will be really easy to move.
Same goes when we move it into the guest room as a bed. Light so very easy to shift.

TV, flat panel, start at about 1.4 million for a 19 inch screen and move up from there.
3 million will get you something very nice that you can use as a TV and a large display for your laptop.
Again, shop around the smaller shops as well.
I use a place called Glodok electronics and have picked up many serious bargains but lots of shops have similar offers.

Also, consider bean bags. The big shops sell them at daft money but many smaller shops have them at a reasonable price and they're really comfortable as well. I bought a couple a while ago and enjoy flopping down on them.
A chilled out sort of chair.

Hey thank you so much for all your very valuable feedback. At least now we know which shops to hit! Our place comes semi furnished but very minimalist, so a few things still needed.

Thanks again!

yes, Carrefour is a good start!
The best of luck and welcome to Jakarta! :)

Hi,
just reading your Threat. Me and my Wife moving to Bali but still life in Tangerang. We sell some Furniture.
Please contact my wife if you still need some Furniture. 0812906685

Hi! Just tried to text your wife but cant get through.
Would you mind telling me what you have?
Thanks!

hi if you still haven't found i have a few unused furniture . thanks ayesha, 0816750800

Hi freesoul,

Feel free to post an advert this advert in the Furniture in Jakarta section, this might surely help. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.