Coworking workshop space

A friend and I are about to rent a space, which we would like to run as a coworking workshop (you can read about coworking:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coworking and http://coworking.com/)

The basic idea is that we would offer workshop and a photography studio for creative people who need space regularly or occasionally. It could be an ideal solution for crafters/artists who can not afford a studio on their own, but would like to get out of their home and share tools, ideas, etc with other like minded people.
Also if you are a teacher, trainer who needs a classroom we might be able to help.

Evi

I like the idea. Good luck with your venture. :top:

That's pretty cool! I used one of those back in Brussels, was wondering if something similar existed here. Where would it be? If this actually happens, please keep us posted!

hi,

I have checked couple of months ago if something similar exists in Malta, but could not find anything.

We have to make our final decision by next Tuesday and after some renovation we will be able to move in around the end of March.
It is in Gzira, in one of the old residential streets leading to the seafront (about 50 m)

Very interesting idea - I also looked for something like this a while ago and couldn't find anything. Please keep us updated!

This is an excellent idea, definitely keep us posted please.

Hi, guys!

I've faced the same problem - but I need just an offie. May be I need to start own co-working space here - I think next month I can invite you to share office with me.

But most important thing - where exactly we need to start? Malta really tiny country, but travelling across it every day will not make you happy.

It would be great if you will share your "ideal location". It will help me to choose right location for first space. Valetta and Sliema are more expensive, but, as for me, Qawra/Buggiba/St. Paul's Bay much more convenient.

I need you advise! :)

Contact me by mail: [email protected] or by phone: +35699692200

Hello everyone.

just a quick update. The place finally has been finished and we received the keys couple of weeks ago. We are still looking for some furniture (possible free), but my photographer friend has already set up your studio and had her first photo session.

We received couple of enquires, but still open if anyone would need a permanent or temporary space for his/her project. It is two rooms, bathroom small office/kitchen and a small sunny backyard, so it not really suitable for bigger events (fitness classes, etc:))

Hey if you are looking for a MUA for any upcoming photography or shoots I would be interested. I am an experienced Makeup Artist looking to move over in 6 months.

Hi , is the space already fully operational? Im very interested in knowing more details. The location is ideal for me as i live in Gzira and i need some space to work on a part time creative project .

thanks

Hello everyone,

actually there are already two coworking spots existing in Malta: Prints of Wales (good rates and decent equipment, about 100 Euro / month) and Oasis Offices (professional but expensive: around 300 Euro / month). Both are located in the heart of Sliema.

I heard there was also a thing called HUB, but not sure if they are still operating single desk rentals.

Also there is a group on facebook for coworking in Malta. Check it out there.

Cheers,
Rod

Sounds really interesting.  Can you PM me with details of how you will schedule participants, approx. size of rooms etc.  approx cost per person etc.
Ozchook

Hi Ozchook,
I think it's easier if you contact them directly. I found the weekly / monthly rates on their homepages... But I don't know if it's with or without VAT ;-)

Hi everyone, I'm a expat now living and working in Malta, i am actually working for an amazing co working space in the heart of Sliema. If anyone is interested in coworking check out our site

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.
Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Advertising. Please drop an advert in the housing section, professional space. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

[ Old thread - Topic closed]

Closed