EMPLOYMENT IN NEW ZEALAND

Hello Everybody

I live in South Africa and am extremely keen to emigrate to New Zealand, any advice on how to secure employment will be GREATLY appreciated.
I am a PA (recently completed my 2 year Logistics and Supply Chain Management diploma) (40 years old, and my husband is a Procurement Manager (49 years old).

Thank you SO much.
Best regards
Linsey

Hi Linsey,

The first important step is to check your ability to work in NZ on the following website http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … kperm.htm.

You will see that you can be sponsored by a NZ employer for certain industries and trades, but you will need to get your qualifications recognized and the employer needs to show there is no Kiwi available for the job.

Search the web for job listings and register with the applicable agencies. Send your CV to any company you think may be interested on the off chance you may be the person they need but have tried looking for as yet!

My biggest advice, is to come for a long holiday and show your face to prospective employers, get to know the regions and industry set ups. All my NZ jobs have come about in this fashion, as someone may not need you but often knows of another employer who does. None of my jobs were ever advertised!

If you're serious about emigrating to NZ, several of my expat friends got work sponsorship in totally different fields of work, until they got their residence visa. They used the time searching for applicable jobs and networking with prospective employers, whilst getting a better feel for the areas they would like to settle in.

I hope this helps and I'm sure there are many other expats in your line of work who can offer more applicable advice.

Good Luck
Richard

Hi Linsey - I am procurement professional living in NZ. As far as I know Procurement is on shortage list, so you can as well find a job while abroad, come for interview, get the job and apply for work visa.