Working as an expat in Asunción

I am thinking about moving to Paraguay. I have the money to move there and live there for a while. However, I am thinking about working there but I almost 30 and I have never held a professional job and I only have an undergraduate degree in History. This means that maybe I would have to look for a low paying job in a bakery or a hotel or something like that. I am wondering what I might earn in a job like that and how far that would go towards paying for the cost of living in Paraguay? I am also wondering for people who want to work in a professional job in Asunción what is it like for expats finding that kind of a job? I read in a recent newspaper article that Paraguay's economy is growing but that it is creating more of a divide between the people who are making a lot of money and the poor people.

If you manage to get a salaried job, keep in mind the the basic pay is aprox. 1,650.000 Gs (356s Usd a month), and, unless you have some contacts, it will not be easy to find work. On the other hand, once you have your residency and national id, you can open any kind of business without any problem. Just a couple of days to set it up at virtually zero cost.

why Paraguay ?

Hello, my husband has a job offer and therefore we have to move away
That's why we sell our businesses.

1. Good-established tutoring school with long-term contracts
2. Fully furnished jewelery shop in a good location

Please contact for more informations if interested. .