Traveling by motorhome in the United States

Adauto wrote:
Bob K wrote:

Check this web site our for ideas on size, cost and other facts.
http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/

Bob K

thank you Bob. Is there one that you recomend?

Not sure what you mean by which one to recommend.

Bob K

Too bad you cannot take your trip up the east coast this spring, Merle Haggerd is playing in Lancaster, PA on 4/28/14.

You might want to avoid the American Southwest in the summer. It can get over 100 F Arizona and/or New Mexico. I am not sure about Utah and Nevada but it gets hot enough there. Much but not all of the southwest is arid. There are nice areas in the higher elevations of Arizona and New Mexico which are up in the mountains. It doesn't get hot or too hot in the mountains.  It is a dry hear there with a low humidity. The south eastern states like Louisiana and Mississippi and the eastern part of Texas get to 88 to 96 F in the summer and it is a very humid or wet heat. I spent a year  and a half in Louisiana. There are cockroaches, aligators and many poisonous snakes in the south east part of America.
The east coast is very humid compared to the pacific or west coast of America.

It will take you 3 to 4 days to drive across the country if you don't stop to see the sites of interest.

Adauto wrote:

Ok! I have a lot to do.
First of all we intend to begin in MIAMI, go to Orlando, New York and finish in Boston. It will be a travel for 24 days, and we are thinking about knowing different places at the road.
I am thinking about a good time for the childrens, to be in family with emotion but safety.
Here in Brazil we often camped and I think those are the best moments, even there are incovenients. The family have to join and do the best by itself.
LetŽs begin the plan...
Thanks at all

Traveling by motor home, also called RV (Recreational Vehicle) is a good idea.

RickWa66 wrote:

You might want to avoid the American Southwest in the summer. It can get over 100 F Arizona and/or New Mexico.

Most people who drive from Florida to New England don't find it hard to avoid Arizona and/or New Mexico.