Moving on January

hello! I'm moving to manchester in the month of January.
I'm a chemical analysis technician, laboratory technician. I do not know if it will be possible some day to have work in my area but I'm in the mood and willingness to work on whatever it is!
I have no restrictions since all I want is to work. Anyone have any advice for me or know of a site that should see? thank you a lot!

hi ...congrats that you are moving... well i use to live in London.. but not now. i lived there for 3 years...

well if you move to london that will be huge pool of jobs and fun etc.
you can search for jobs on www.gumtree.com  the best site ever and i even got so many decent jobs from the website.. also register to other websites of jobs. like www.monster.co.uk you can find more..

register yourself with job center plus they will call you as if they got any job offer according to your skills and experience. never stuck to odd jobs as if you do you will be stocked forever.. so yeah for the time being its okay but always try to find good jobs..
banks are one of the good sectors if you are interested..
well thats all i have got.. because i am not living now in london.. i moved back to Pakistan. but try London its good.

Cheer :)

Hello Susanna!

I am also Suzanne!  I was born in Manchester and now live just outside the city. I work for a Swiss Pharmaceuticals Company based at Manchester Airport. Try to find work vacancies by searching in websites such as Monster.co.uk, totaljobs.co.uk, indeed.co.uk and ....you must enter a postcode area of M90 (meaning Manchester Airport area) to begin your search for jobs.....there are lots of medical/pharmaceutical companies in this area and they advertise on these websites. Also, when searching for a place to live - Manchester has the biggest student population in Europe so if you want a basic, affordable place to stay you should search for accommodation in places like Fallowfield and Withington (just outside Manchester City Centre). If you are lucky enough to find a well paid job and can afford to pay a little more rent you should look in areas to the South of the City....Sale, Didsbury, Altrincham. They are nice places to live but cost a little more. i wish you luck Susanna, please e-mail me if you need more help. :)

Hi muzi2002,

Thank you a lot for your answer, i'll see the websites you sent me :))

Good luck in Pakistan  :)

Hi Suzanne!!

Thank you for the advices, i will follow them and start looking for jobs in those websites  :top:

It's always good to know that even when we are moving so far away from our home we can't find people like you available to help those who are a little bit lost in a new country :)

Thank you :)