GAMCA Report

Dear All,

I have problem in my Medical fitness and need your valuable suggestions please..

I have done a medical test at Chennai - India at one of the GAMCA
they are  find some thing  in my Chest screening and they told me that  I am unfit for getting the visa - travel to Oman for work.

The Findings are:

> Patchy centrilobular and paraseptal emphysematous changes in both upper lobes with multiple sub pleural paraseptal bullae, the largest one in the apical segment of right upper lobe measuring about 5.5x 2.5 cm.

>Patchy fibrotic strands and parenchymal scars in the left upper lobe including the lingular segment and in the lateral segment of right middle lobe.

But they told me that this is not a disease to cure and no medicine for it.   

Kindly help me what is the next step need to go.

Thanks,
Ramachandran.SG

Ramachandran.SG wrote:

Dear All,

I have problem in my Medical fitness and need your valuable suggestions please..

I have done a medical test at Chennai - India at one of the GAMCA
they are  find some thing  in my Chest screening and they told me that  I am unfit for getting the visa - travel to Oman for work.

The Findings are:

> Patchy centrilobular and paraseptal emphysematous changes in both upper lobes with multiple sub pleural paraseptal bullae, the largest one in the apical segment of right upper lobe measuring about 5.5x 2.5 cm.

>Patchy fibrotic strands and parenchymal scars in the left upper lobe including the lingular segment and in the lateral segment of right middle lobe.

But they told me that this is not a disease to cure and no medicine for it.   

Kindly help me what is the next step need to go.

Thanks,
Ramachandran.SG
[email protected]

Dear Ramachandran,

Have you consulted a doctor with the findings? , most of the users in Expat - Blog are common folk and may not understand the medical report as you just said....... You might find help here.... but it may take some time... like all medical complications, it is best to consult with the experts...

Have a good day...

Rammy....

Dear Rammy,
Its a common problem, i had similar problem in Gamca Medical, Go and have a Chest ultrasound. Your chest should be empty only thats all medical requires. But Gamca in pak and india are just trying to annoy us. my medical was rejected two times in gamca. but my ultrasound of chest was accepted there and here in oman also.

Best of luck

Hi Gurru1989...

Where did you do your medicals? In Oman or in your place?? Will GAMCA will consider chest ultrasound and give us FIT Certificate.

I too have Patchy subpleural parenchymal scars in Lungs. This was seen in CT Scan. Doctors didn't give me Fit certificate.

One of friend got same type of problem when he did his medical in Chennai, India. But his company processed Business Visa and did medical in Oman where they didnt say anything and got the FIT certificate. He is asking me to come to Oman and the medical there.

Do we have treatment to remove scars? If so can you please let me know.

Regards
Vikram

yes i did medical in muscat-oman. You can come here and do medical here.

Dear gurru 1989
can you please share your mobiile number and e-mail id. I would like to know more from you

(moderated: no copy/paste on the forum pls )

Hi am Naren,

I have been selected by a construction company to work in Oman as an engineer. 2 days back in a general check up I found that I have symptoms of Diabetes. I have my medical in the coming week in India.
According to Oman health regulations, can I get a fit certificate.

HI Narendra78,

Having "symptoms of Diabetes" and having diabetes are two different things.

In your medical report it will categorically say either you have diabetes or you don't.

It will not say that 'the candidate has symptoms of diabetes'.

Hi Sumitran,
Let me thank you for the response.
In the report it has shown Diabetes.

Hi HI Narendra78,

Usually they check for contagious diseases and for venereal diseases.

Since diabetes is not contagious, I don't think it should be a major issue.

Good luck.

Thank you sumitran.

Dear,

I am from pak. GAMCA just put me unfit for Muscat. They reject my xray saying xray is abnormal. what should i do now to get a fil certificate. Please let me know i am in a very bad situation.

Thanks
Cell: *********

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
shamilfowad wrote:

Dear,

I am from pak. GAMCA just put me unfit for Muscat. They reject my xray saying xray is abnormal. what should i do now to get a fil certificate. Please let me know i am in a very bad situation.

Thanks

Hi shamilfowad,

I would imagine that the answer to your query should be pretty obvious, simple and straightforward ...

Whatever is 'abnormal' has to change to 'normal' for you to be certified as 'Fit to Travel.

Dear,

There is no way to make it normal ... doctors are saying is normal xray and these scares are coz of allergic. but the GAMCA centers are not accepting this. how could i make it normal. There is no medicine for this to remove these scares.....

hi,

do i need to do medical test again in oman after having GAMCA certificate in pakistan ???
can someone tell me about this ?

here in oman u only have to do blood test ....... no xray

Thanks dear..... :)

shamilfowad wrote:

Dear,

There is no way to make it normal ... doctors are saying is normal xray and these scares are coz of allergic. but the GAMCA centers are not accepting this. how could i make it normal. There is no medicine for this to remove these scares.....

Hi shamilfowad
Simple "allergy" should not cause lung scars. Those must be scars suggesting that you had Tuberculosis of lungs in the past. Old scars can be sites of 'reactivation tuberculosis' which is considered infectious (can spread from one to another). That is the logic behind you being considered unfit to work in Oman. The otherwise harmless scars cannot be cured with medicines or surgically removed as such but they faint over months to years (just like skin scars).

As some expats have suggested above, you can get ultrasound (more likely to miss the scars!) or have business Visa & get medical tests in Oman.
Best wishes.

Same case here, a spot on the lungs then they took a Quantiferon test & report says as follows:
TB Antigen 9.73
Mitogen >10

Is this really TB n will be deported, as no information available after a long follow up.

Appreciate comments.

Hi Narendra78
Diabetes -
Carry your sugar testing unit with you and see that your sugar level is below 120 and above 80 ; Preferably  around 85-95. (imp) ...(You should know that your meter and lab test report will differ. What is the tentative difference.. etc should be know before hand... else your meter for example may show lets say 120 and the actual i.e. lab which are more accurate - lets say 110 - or 130... hope you got this point...)

Fasting is not required for medical test. You can eat low GI food and keep your sugar levels in check.

The most important is HBA1C. It should be under control.

Do not worry too much and take stress, it will just shoot your sugar levels at the time of medical test.
Any further help do let me know

Regards
Sachin N

Hi,

I have been selected for Oman travel job by one the company, last week when I went for my medical in one of the GAMCA center they UNFIT me basis my HBsAG was positive, request you to plz advise what is the other options do I have as I can't afford to miss this opportunity.

Thank you in advance

I have done gumca .but he got my x ray problem pleural thickness in right upper lobe . I got unfit. Now I check another x Rey but no any problem .so please give me advice for how many days I can go for gumca.

How solve this problem

Other posters have already replied and given you the options.

If you think that the chest x-ray is not correct at GAMCA; you need to ask your employers to get you a business visa on which you go to Oman and then do the medical there and try to convert the visa.   It could be that the x-ray is accepted (GAMCA is generally tougher than GCC medicals).

Other option is to retest with GAMCA after 6 months.

Hiw about if i have posituve ppd? But cxr is negative

kitkat0925 wrote:

Hiw about if i have posituve ppd? But cxr is negative

All depends on what GAMCA tests for in your country. If they mark you as fit, it's OK as when you get to GCC; they will only look at chest xray.  But keep in mind that positive PPD means that you have latent TB or been exposed to it at some stage. You may never get full blown TB but make sure nothing shows in chest xray - as the confirmatory PPD test will be positive and you will be deported.

Actually gamca fits me in my medical since i was negative in cxr and ppd..
But iam wondering if i get positive ppd will it make me a lot of trouble..i remembered to be positive in ppd 2 yrs ago so i think that when they test again for ppd it might be positive.  ...that worries me so much...my co staff told me that upon arrival they repeat all the test including the ppd.....i dont know the guidelines

kitkat0925 wrote:

Actually gamca fits me in my medical since i was negative in cxr and ppd..
But iam wondering if i get positive ppd will it make me a lot of trouble..i remembered to be positive in ppd 2 yrs ago so i think that when they test again for ppd it might be positive.  ...that worries me so much...my co staff told me that upon arrival they repeat all the test including the ppd.....i dont know the guidelines

Unless you work in a medical profession, I haven't heard of a PPD test being done. It is a hassle and takes almost 3-4 days to do... No one bothers with it unless it is done after a positive chest xray.

Yes iam in a medical field

Iam in a medical field actually

I have done a medical test at mumbai - India at one of the GAMCA
they are  find some thing  in my Chest screening and they told me that  I am unfit for getting the visa - travel to saudi for work.
What i do plzz help me

Unfortunately, you can do absolutely nothing.   Except wait and retest after six month or look for another job somewhere else.

And in the case of Saudi, you can't follow the approach of Oman i.e. come here on a visit visa and convert to work visa after getting medical inside Oman.   You MUST come through GAMCA testing if you are coming from India.

Hi,
I have got unfit from GAMCA saying right uper zone left upper zone Fibrosis.. What should I do? I am applying for Oman

They are referring to lung scars.  Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do as far as the medical is concerned.

@XTang, how much scarier (I mean stricter) are the tests done in GAMCA compared to the tests in a normal medical facilities in Oman? Any specific reason for this?

@Modjo; there are multitude of reasons for this.

1) GAMCA clinics get fined if something is discovered on the in-country medical tests at a later stage i.e. within 6 months of GAMCA test.  For repeat offences, they can lose their certification
2) How GAMCA is set up.  It is set up after collaboration by the Ministry of Health department of all the GCC countries.  This means that all necessary tests are combined from each country leading to an overkill of testing.  As a result, GAMCA does not distinguish between each country's requirement while testing and applies the whole panel to every applicant.  For example, UAE doesn't test at all for Hepatitis C but GAMCA does because other GCC countries do test for it and will mark the applicant UNFIT even if he or she is going to the UAE
3) The lack of decision making when something is not clear.  If a result is not clear, GAMCA will mark the applicant UNFIT or ask for retest sometime later down the road.  If the same test is done in the country, the hospital can refer to MOH and ask for a decision e.g. people with unclear chest x-rays when examined in the country are more likely to get a visa after follow up testing vs. people testing in GAMCA back home, who are routinely marked as UNFIT

Thanks for the explanation @XTang - I appreciate better now why the GAMCA medical examination is very challenging for many people. I hope with the many changes going-on now within the GCC, the GAMCA requirements will be further refined/streamlined.

Hi,
I have got unfit from GAMCA saying right uper zone left upper zone Fibrosis.. What should I do? I am applying for Oman

Please help

Vikas_kukreja87 wrote:

Hi,

Please help

Hi Vikas_kukreja87,

If the GAMCA test report results have already been shared, then you can do nothing but wait it out for 6-months from the day you took those tests.

Once the 6-months are over, then reappear for the tests again.

In the meantime, you could seek some treatment (if any such are available) to make sure that the same results do not come.